1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Tracks ICAR Mirabel 1.0

ICAR Mirabel racing and training facility in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada

1. Ben Lachance

Ben Lachance

Ratings:
    +5
    Ben Lachance submitted a new resource:

ICAR Mirabel - ICAR Mirabel racing and training facility in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada

Read more about this resource...

2. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Oooooh, hopefully its accurate enough. Will be able to use it for practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +172
    Could be a nice addition to AC. I never heard of the track before. I rather like it, but I started on a clear day at noon and it looked like if had been snowing. Could not tell the difference between track, off track and crash barriers; let alone white lines. At 08:00, partly cloud, it was better but still looked overexposed.
    Using no filters, just Ben Lee + WagnumPI Clouds and Natural Weather mods, which do an excellent job in all other tracks.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +246
    The track-entrance from the pits could be made clearer. I dirtied may laptime twp times while driving out of the pits until I noticed the white lines on the ground which can be hardly identified

5. Ben Lachance

Ben Lachance

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey,
    As said in the Track Download page, I am not the author and I also find the track is rather crude and way below an acceptable level.

I just wish someone can take on the task of carrying the development to bring it to today's standard. Its a nice and challenging track and quite a lot of people from the Montreal area go for lapping nights and trackdays over there.

If any of you has any interest, just drop a line to Donald Landreville at https://www.topspeedsimulator.com/contact-c1a4e

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ben Lachance

Ben Lachance

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey,
    I guess its pretty accurate. I did both the Supercars and Rallye Experience on the short layout and so far I'd say its a valid training tool.

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +318
    Thank you for sharing this track, I have driven on that track, so this is one more that I can re-experience in AC. Very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deswribilator

Deswribilator

Ratings:
    +63
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ben Lachance

Ben Lachance

Ratings:
    +5
    Brilliant, thank you. Will put the files in the archive and re-upload it. Is the AI much better ? I watched your videos and they seemed to brake in odd places coming out of corners. I simulated a few long races myself with GT2 and GT3 cars and it seemed pretty flowy, appart from a few turns where they were a bit wide and seemed to lift off a bit.

10. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +200
    I love the layout of the track but its impossible to race here because the road is so bright I literally can't see where I'm going. Everything is white so I have no idea where the track boundries are, I run the sim with PP off. Any chance of a fix for the over exposed road/ground textures?

Thanks for bringing the track to AC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Deswribilator

Deswribilator

Ratings:
    +63
    No change at AI, It's just show left / right spline fix
    [​IMG]

show left / right spline fix
    [​IMG]

12. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +172
    Same here. Track seems to be nice, but I removed it since there was no point using it this way.

13. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +246
    @Joseph Maxx @Fanapryde You can use the photo app and there change the suns position with Zenit and Azimut

14. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +200
    I've tried the camera app, while it does darken the sky it does nothing for the track and its surroundings. I think the only way to properly deal with the over exposure is by adjusting the textures.

15. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +246
    The textures are Ok but you can change the sun position in the ks-editor.

16. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +200
    The problem isnt the suns position, its the reflective and diffuse settings for the track textures. The skybox is fine, its the track and surroundings (kerbs, buildings, fences, walls) that are over exposed. Try dissabling PP and you'll see what I mean.

17. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +246
    I run with PP effects disabled and I had a look in Ks-editor but I can´t figure out how to change the exposure. Shall I send you the files?

18. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +200
    Sure, send it via pm and see if it works.

Thanks.

19. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +246
    Note: I have everything from @Deswribilator. Thanks to him I have this. I think because he gave it to me he has no problem if I give this to others.

20. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +246
    Note I have everything from @Deswribilator. I think he has no problem if I send this to others.