I wish I had done this sooner... Bring me up to speed!

Hi everyone.

I bought the GT3 DLC for RF2 the other day and there were tons of comments on the RD post saying that RF2 doesn't have a patch on AC. I'm a massive RF2 fan but thought I need to give AC a go now to see what the fuss is about and, wow, just wow!

I wish I had checked it out sooner. however do feel I have joined just at the right time. There is tons of content out there and the game seems quite mature compared to RF2 which is ironic.

So, what would you say are the must have Cars, tracks, apps etc.

I predominantly play offline and loved the RF2 Log analyser for custom championships. The detail on that was insane. Is there anything like that for AC?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,
Vern

for me AC is all about historic car and road cars .. modern race cars and formulas are kind of meh .. and since every DLC has some good cars .. get them all ;) pricing is fair and if you are racing online you`ll probably gonna need most of them anyway to be able to join (you need to own all cars that are allowed on certain server, not just the one you use..specialy if you like GT3s).

Track amount in AC is limited so go through RD for tracks ..

Apps: helicorsa is good help on single screen, RSRLiveTiming for time comparing, ACTI if you preffer MoTec output to do your car setups ..

rF2 not being as good game as AC is not surprising ... it might have more complex physics but it was for a long time more of a platform than sim racing game ....

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

So, what would you say are the must have Cars, tracks, apps etc.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks,
Vern

Hello Vern.
If I could suggest a couple of mods for AC available here at RD I would go for the Ginetta Supercup mod and the Seat Leon cup mod. The AC legends Mod is also very very good. For tracks I love and recommend the Sebring track available here and any of the other popular ones that have at least 4 star ratings, and there are some great tracks here.

Hello Vern.
If I could suggest a couple of mods for AC available here at RD I would go for the Ginetta Supercup mod and the Seat Leon cup mod. The AC legends Mod is also very very good. For tracks I love and recommend the Sebring track available here and any of the other popular ones that have at least 4 star ratings, and there are some great tracks here.
Nice one.

I have the Ginetta mod, it's great. I will get the seat leon one on your recommendation.

Sebring - Great I love that track. I will get it tonight!

Apps:
Content Manager (an alternative launcher with tons of additional features and more professional looks)
Helicorsa
CrewChief (if you like a voice telling you stuff while you drive.. not for me)
ProTyres
The Setup Market
RSR Live Timing (for the leaderboards)
pTracker (I prefer it to the standard F9)

Track mods (that I have tried.. there are more):
Okayama
Paul Ricard
Donington
Bridgehampton
Riverside International Raceway
Virginia International Raceway
NJMP Lightning
Sebring
Tor Poznan
Sandevoerde (classic Zandvoort)
Alto Tajo
Barbagallo
Circuit de la Sarthe
Thomson Road Grand Prix
Longford 1967
Fuji 1968
Donington 1938
Miseluk
Kicevo
Pacific Coast
Lake Louise

Last edited:
Apps:
Content Manager (an alternative launcher with tons of additional features and more professional looks)
Helicorsa
CrewChief (if you like a voice telling you stuff while you drive.. not for me)
ProTyres
The Setup Market
RSR Live Timing (for the leaderboards)
pTracker (I prefer it to the standard F9)

Track mods (that I have tried.. there are more):
Okayama
Paul Ricard
Donington
Bridgehampton
Riverside International Raceway
Virginia International Raceway
NJMP Lightning
Sebring
Tor Poznan
Sandevoerde (classic Zandvoort)
Alto Tajo
Barbagallo
Circuit de la Sarthe
Thomson Road Grand Prix
Longford 1967
Fuji 1968
Donington 1938
Miseluk
Kicevo
Pacific Coast
Lake Louise
Nice one. I will check it all out.

Kunos content is on a outstanding level, so I just use top quality mods.

Apps:
  • Helicorsa
  • The Setup Market
Cars:
  • Ferrari 643
  • Ginetta G55 GT4
  • Formula Hybrid 2017 (paymod)
Misc:
  • gBW
  • Real Billboard and Stuff
  • Fonsecker sound pack
Tracks: (bolded ones are truly gems)
  • Algarve
  • Bridgehampton
  • Donington
  • Daytona
  • Grobnik
  • Hungaroring
  • Intelagos
  • Laguna Seca
  • Macau
  • Oulton Park
  • Tor Poznan
  • VIR

Kunos content is on a outstanding level, so I just use top quality mods.

Apps:
  • Helicorsa
  • The Setup Market
Cars:
  • Ferrari 643
  • Ginetta G55 GT4
  • Formula Hybrid 2017 (paymod)
Misc:
  • gBW
  • Real Billboard and Stuff
  • Fonsecker sound pack
Tracks: (bolded ones are truly gems)
  • Algarve
  • Bridgehampton
  • Donington
  • Daytona
  • Grobnik
  • Hungaroring
  • Intelagos
  • Laguna Seca
  • Macau
  • Oulton Park
  • Tor Poznan
  • VIR
Thanks. I will give them a go.

While I have you. What would you say AC is lacking, or, what have we still got to look forward to.

I think weather, changing lighting day to night, damage model/accident physics are all obvious ones but what do you think it really needs?

Thanks. I will give them a go.

While I have you. What would you say AC is lacking, or, what have we still got to look forward to.

I think weather, changing lighting day to night, damage model/accident physics are all obvious ones but what do you think it really needs?
Just the AI. Often the AI at 100% isn't competitive and it's not smart. But this depends massively on car/track combo.
To enjoy AC at his best you should try the RD Premium Membership, we race online almost every day, it's mega fun!

What is lacking for me in AC is tracks, and a few more race cars.

I am not the slightest bit interested in road cars for sim games.

Understand why they are there to please manufacturers, but I probably use them in the game 5% of the time, for me they are a waste of time

When it comes to DLC cars I was really impressed by the 3 Porsche packs , And could I only choose one I would take Porsche pack 3 ,it was those 3 porsche packs and Tyre update 10 that got me fully back to that game...

First of all get Content Manager. Really. It’s that better than the usual launcher.

Regarding apps I recommend Helicorsa, RSR Livetime, ptracker, Substanding and Sidekick. There are several more which are good and it’s also often a matter of taste.

Also there are many fantastic mod tracks as Bridgehampton, VIR, Riverside, Okayama, Paul Ricard, Donington, Road America, Circuit Mas du Clos, Thomson Road, Lucca Ring, Tajo Hillclimb,
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Grobnik, Fuji 1968, Biķernieki Race Track, Hope RaceTrack, Maze Circuit etc.

There are also a lot of great mod cars to be found such as all the stuff Race Sim Studio releases (if you’re into open wheelers) or the ASR Formula cars. If you like GTEs and prototypes the URD cars might be interesting to you, though they also have a nice current Indycar and also the Indy Lights, which are great imo. Others which come to my mind are the Ginetta Cup, the Jordan 191, the McLaren MP 4/4, Veloce GTS-8, Lola T70 MkII Spyder, Caterham Academy 2017, NFS Tournament Class A and so on and so on. The choice is really incredible, AC has become was rfactor 1 once was: a great sim with so many good mods.

G meter --- http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/g-force-and-tyre-data-app.8348/

Deceleration Force before the apex & Acceleration Force after the apex
yl6bqjG.jpg

First of all get Content Manager. Really. It’s that better than the usual launcher.

Regarding apps I recommend Helicorsa, RSR Livetime, ptracker, Substanding and Sidekick. There are several more which are good and it’s also often a matter of taste.

Also there are many fantastic mod tracks as Bridgehampton, VIR, Riverside, Okayama, Paul Ricard, Donington, Road America, Circuit Mas du Clos, Thomson Road, Lucca Ring, Tajo Hillclimb,
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Grobnik, Fuji 1968, Biķernieki Race Track, Hope RaceTrack, Maze Circuit etc.

There are also a lot of great mod cars to be found such as all the stuff Race Sim Studio releases (if you’re into open wheelers) or the ASR Formula cars. If you like GTEs and prototypes the URD cars might be interesting to you, though they also have a nice current Indycar and also the Indy Lights, which are great imo. Others which come to my mind are the Ginetta Cup, the Jordan 191, the McLaren MP 4/4, Veloce GTS-8, Lola T70 MkII Spyder, Caterham Academy 2017, NFS Tournament Class A and so on and so on. The choice is really incredible, AC has become was rfactor 1 once was: a great sim with so many good mods.
I will check it all out.

Open wheelers are a no go for me on AC. I can't stand the damage model and it's especially bad for open wheel cars. No sim should allow you to hit a wall at over 100mph and carry on, especially in an open wheeler.

Having said all that, I may still use them for hot lapping....but I like to race.

First of all I will say I pretty much enjoy all the DLC packs, and recommend them. If you wait on a sale you can get them all fairly cheap.

After that this is what I use the most.

1) Crew Chief - This is probably my favorite mod. It is a great spotter add on. While I see their usefulness I personally don't like the radar type mods as I feel it is too unrealistic. Crew Chief does a great job lettinig you know where pther cats are. Also it works for multiple sims. I use it for A.C., PC2, and RRE. I believe it also works on RF2 as well. And there are other cool features, like updating you on tire temps, Fuel, weather etc. I can't recommend it enough.

Sidekick - Nice little app that puts most of your vital info into one bar wherever you want it on the screen. Good for not cluttering up your screen.

FFB Clip - Automatically adjust FFB levels to avoid clipping. Nice and easy.

RSR Live Timing - If your into hotlapli this is a must. Basically a online leaderboard.

Setup Market - If your not into creating your own set ups, it allows you to download others that have been uploaded

SRS - If you want to play online this is the way to do it. Scheduled races with persistent ranking.

Cars I'm using at the moment.

Ginetta GT4
Seat Leon Cup
Renault RS01
RSS Formula Hybrid (Paid mod, but great 2017 spec F1)

Tracks. Some of my favorites might not be the best made, but tracks I just like driving a lot.

Sebring
LeMans
Mosport (could be biased as it is near where I live, but it is a well made fast track.)
Okayama
VIR
Laguna Seca

There is probably some cars and tracks I'm forgetting right now.

If you are into road cars, which are absolutely fantastic in AC, get Tajo, lake Louise, and Glen Coe. The last 2 are free roam maps, which gives the sim a whole new approach. Love it.
It’s great for relaxing after the racing. ;)

I had this on xbox already then when i got my PC i picked it up in a sale, like game plus all DLC for £30. By this point i was deep into other games like RRE so sort of had it but didn't play this much.
Recently i decided to give it my full attention and its truly wonderful and the mod cars and tracks are for the most part fantastic.
Anyway, even the AI is pretty good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back