I need recommendations for button mapping for the "CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2".

Hi.
I recently purchased the Fanatec "CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2" and am struggling with how to arrange the button mapping.
If you have a recommendation for a mapping that is at a minimum necessary and easy to use, please let me know.
I'm considering analog clutch paddles in joystick mode (dial D position), but I'm also concerned that the paddles don't respond in the config screen.
(I have already confirmed that they respond with the gas pedal and brake in each of A to C)

The main vehicle used is GT3. I don't play Formula at the moment, but it would be nice to be able to use the AC mod or another game with LM hypercars.

If you have a good setup, please let me know. I would be very happy if you could direct me with images.

Last edited:
I can share mine, but i suppose it is pretty obvious and the same as many here.
Basically, I have ABS and TCS on the rotary switches, motor mapping and brake balance on the red switches.
I have assigned the different menu (when in the race) to the two left buttons, together with the funky switch to navigate into the menus and make choices.
On the two buttons right I have the Headlights and the wishers.
On the two buttons on the top I have the blinking directional change .
On the two big buttons I have the Pit limiter and the Neutral.

Thanks for the response.
I tried to make a picture but it looks like this?
I couldn't quite make out the two buttons on the left, one button on the bottom right, and the analog paddle.
What is the notation in the game setting?
Also, would it be possible to assign the analog paddles to something other than clutch or accelerator/brake?

Attachments

• 2024-04-17_10h22_17.png
    2024-04-17_10h22_17.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 2024-04-17_10h25_30.png
    2024-04-17_10h25_30.png
    383.7 KB · Views: 36
The two left buttons (wiper and light on the right) are used for cycling the race menus, and one for cycling the car dashes.

Regarding the funky switch.
Up/down to select paramétrer in menu
Left right to change the parameter
Rotation is assigned to main volume.

I don´t use the buttons on the buttons right.

Thanks for sharing further details.
They're not exactly identical, but I've found many parts of them helpful.

Regarding the parameter controls in the menu, I'm sorry ACC didn't support two assignments.
If left/right and rotary could be applied to change parameters, it would have been easier to operate before pit stop...
Still, the rotary on the funky switch is hard to turn with gloves on... a good keycap that is a little bigger would be nice...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.