• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks I need help with permission for track release.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Gilles75, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    I have converted the 2001 Nurburgring from rFactor (I detest the newer layout with that awful series of slow turns at the first corner) the 2001 version is from a 1998 trackpack made by GPTeam, the problem is I cannot find an email with the Mod so I don't know who to ask for permission. Do any of you know who I should contact? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Jarek Says- "900 degrees of rotation" Premium

Ratings:
    +931
    You can give me a link to the original rFactor 1998 trackpack, ( via PM ) then i can see if know any of them...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
  4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +1,295
    These dozens of ancient tracks you are converting - are they being improved at all? Or are you going to be racing on a terrible low-poly physics mesh?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Jarek Says- "900 degrees of rotation" Premium

Ratings:
    +931
    Okay I don't know any of them, but I wanted to read the Readme file in the Pack.
    Anyway If you want to upload it here ( RD ) then just Credit those who have made that pack ( you will find that in the Readme file as you probably know) , do it in the upload section so all can see it , then just write that you have tried to contact them---but cant get hold of them, Then just upload the track an give proper credit :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +221
    Actually, without permission from the authors he cannot post it here. Giving credit is not enough, he would have needed permission to do the conversion in the first place. Check the rules.

• Like Like x 1
  7. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Yeah, I'm thinking about releasing a copy of the whole Assetto Corsa folder here - don't worry, I'll make sure to credit them in a readme file!

And believe me, I did try to contact them for permission - I opened my front door and shouted as loud as I could, but they never replied :/ Guess I couldn't get a hold of them, at least I tried!

:rolleyes::roflmao:

8. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    Don't worry, I would never release anything without permission. Just crediting the original makers is not nearly good enough.