• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

I have no spray in the rain

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by eyewants, Sep 30, 2017.

1. eyewants

eyewants

Ratings:
    +4
    I have no spray. I have weather effects at highest, particles at highest, smoke shadows at highest. I have restarted many times with no success. Anybody have an idea?

2. Sascha Guenther

Sascha Guenther

Ratings:
    +97
    That issue was introduced with their latest patch; it occurs once you have something changed in your graphic Settings. Restarting may help (as you did) but not in any case.

3. BlindDeadMacSlow

BlindDeadMacSlow

Ratings:
    +20
    This also happens if you Alt/Tab out & Alt/Tab back in. You will have particle physics beforehand but on flipping the game back up from the toolbar, they will be gone until you close it completely & restart.

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +187
    That's why my framerate goes magically up, when alt-tabbing. Did not drive in the rain yet.

5. eyewants

eyewants

Ratings:
    +4
    Problem fixed with patch 1.9! However, even on high detail and heavy rain, its still not to the level of real spray. There was a mod for F1 2016 that was very realistic. You could not see the car in front of you. Hope someone is working on it.

6. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    You mean the storm mod by vlasovas?
    It's been his speciality for the past few years (except 2015) to create such a mod. Maybe he'll join '17 and create it once again, we'll see.

7. eyewants

eyewants

Ratings:
    +4
    ParkYongLee: that's the one. I apparently found it some time back. He mentioned he'd look at it in early September but nothing from him since.