I don't trust racing wheels anymore

ok, so I'm sure a wheel that could be worth enough to pay off a house is good quality but I have been through at least 3 different wheels in 3 different price ranges, 2 thrustmaster, 1 logitech, one arrived not centering, fixed it, issue started again, the 1st thrustmaster lost its centering, the other stopped working after a while... I'll stick with a gamepad until these wheels can keep their condition long enough to enjoy

Had my G29 for around 5yrs now, over 2000hrs of use, had to clean the pedal pots twice and that's all.
glad you've had it for a while, but where I live racing wheels are kinda scarce to begin with, I assume not many people have demand for them here... just like many things lol, I can't even find many guitars in playable condition

You know what I dont trust anymore?? Nevermind, we dont need to get into that on this forum. lol

I think youve just been very unlucky with the products youve acquired.
I'm just here to enjoy the game, I do consider myself to be unlucky in general, I can't find guitars, racing wheels, graphics cards, and many other things where I live.. even if I do find something it ends up getting returned because I pay too much for what I get

I'm just here to enjoy the game, I do consider myself to be unlucky in general, I can't find guitars, racing wheels, graphics cards, and many other things where I live.. even if I do find something it ends up getting returned because I pay too much for what I get
So what are you actually asking about? recommendations on reliable wheels to get or just stating the fact that you cant find good one and wont bother looking anymore? In any case people will respond to you either with their recommendations or some feedback from experience so dont be surprised/annoyed, or do you just want your post to be ignored as seem like neither approach suits you?
Logitech and Thrustmasrter are mostly budget wheels but I personally had no problems with either G25 or T300, but if you are looking for step up maybe look at Fanatec? Base + wheel is around 500e and its build quality is far superior to Logi/TM, but for higer price. You can order those online and delivery might cover your area unless you live somewhere really odd.

So what are you actually asking about? recommendations on reliable wheels to get or just stating the fact that you cant find good one and wont bother looking anymore? In any case people will respond to you either with their recommendations or some feedback from experience so dont be surprised/annoyed, or do you just want your post to be ignored as seem like neither approach suits you?
Logitech and Thrustmasrter are mostly budget wheels but I personally had no problems with either G25 or T300, but if you are looking for step up maybe look at Fanatec? Base + wheel is around 500e and its build quality is far superior to Logi/TM, but for higer price. You can order those online and delivery might cover your area unless you live somewhere really odd.
basically, there isn't a way to buy unless I buy online I can't find anything locally no matter how many places I go, and making a big purchase online in my opinion isn't something I can trust

not gonna give too many details, but it's in Mississippi
Not like we asking for google map coordinates and gate entrance pin, as above I was also expecting something like sub-arctic Canadian wilderness or Syria for example, but being in USofA you really shouldnt have problems at all, especially with Amazon's return policy. You wont have much options to "try those in shops" so best is probably do some research, order a recommended product and test it yourself (did that myself testing G29 when decided its not for me and simply returned it). Plus Fanatec USA has dedicated shop for NA so really your options are much better than you say.

• Deleted member 1066209

That's too bad, I've been under the impression that Logitech wheels are extremely reliable after multiple discussions with their owners.

If you're willing to give them another try (which I am encouraging you to do), you could purchase a Logitech wheel through BestBuy (provided you have a store nearby). Do keep in mind their return policy upon receipt so that you can have a hassle-free experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sim racing gear in general isnt readily available in stores no matter where you live, really. Im right by Chicago and ive never seen the stuff sold in stores. It sounds like you may have some buyers remorse after finding out how much this crap actually costs. I think weve ALL been there. You have to decide whether or not the hobby is worth it to you. Compared to other hobbies, sim racing seems to be quite expensive. I remember after buying all my fanatec stuff I wanted to kick myself everytime I looked at it but a couple years later I couldnt imagine NOT having it now.

I suggest trying to have a little more trust in online shopping. Security has improved immensely over the last 20 years and as long as youre buying from a trusted "place" and use paypal, theres virtually no risk. I completely understand your concern, however. I was the same way for a long time. I grew up in a time where you never said your name online and online buying wasnt even a consideration. We had to wait 6-8 weeks for whatever we ordered from a magazine.

As justwannadl (lol that name) said, I also encourage you to give Logi/TM another chance. Or if funds permit, go straight to fanatec.

That's too bad, I've been under the impression that Logitech wheels have extremely reliable after multiple discussions with their owners.

If you're willing to give them another try (which I am encouraging you to do), you could purchase a Logitech wheel through BestBuy (provided you have a store nearby). Do keep in mind their return policy upon receipt so that you can have a hassle-free experience.
I'm definitely thinking about giving it another go when I earn enough money, I might save up for the 300dollar T150 I saw online, However I'm not sure if it'll have enough stock at gamestop for me to get a chance to even get one

Ok I was expecting something like Réunion or rural Ecuador and not in the middle of Uber and Prime country :D but sim gear and wheels of the upper quality are a mail order deal everywhere as they are too special interest to stock on shelves in your typical electronics store.
wow, I did not know that, maybe I'll give the gear another try... I did some research on wheel lifespan and it was common to see a few years worth, thanks for the feedback

ok, so I'm sure a wheel that could be worth enough to pay off a house is good quality but I have been through at least 3 different wheels in 3 different price ranges, 2 thrustmaster, 1 logitech, one arrived not centering, fixed it, issue started again, the 1st thrustmaster lost its centering, the other stopped working after a while... I'll stick with a gamepad until these wheels can keep their condition long enough to enjoy
what do you mean by lost its centering? wheels with force feedback are supposed to return back to center using the cars physics, specifically the suspension and not by a centering spring, i've been driving for years with the centering spring forced off.
the centering spring is meant for older driving games that did not support force feedback, however i've met drivers who force it on to work in assetto corsa and i just don't get it.

Also make sure that the wheel not is connected on a usb hub
better is to use a usb port on the back of the PC

When installing the software for the wheel make sure the wheel is not connected on usb, the software will tell you when to plug in the wheel

Last edited:
what do you mean by lost its centering? wheels with force feedback are supposed to return back to center using the cars physics, specifically the suspension and not by a centering spring, i've been driving for years with the centering spring forced off.
the centering spring is meant for older driving games that did not support force feedback, however i've met drivers who force it on to work in assetto corsa and i just don't get it.
well, the first thrustmaster had a bungee system lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea