I can't run rFactor 2 without a poor frame rate

I have bought the Open Beta of rFactor 2. I have installed it. But no matter what I try, it runs with a poor frame rate. I try turning the textures down and turning a whole pile of things off, nothing changes. Can someone please help me. I am disappointed that I can't run it without a poor frame rate because from the videos and screenshots I have seen, it looks like a very good game.

The computer I run it on is;
Windows 7 on Bootcamp for Mac OS-X with physical memory of 4GB

What kind of video card are you using? Thats kind of relevant as well ;)

Further, what do you have enabled in the Video Resolution section? HDR, FXAA, Synch? Those influence the settings as well.

If you have a multicore processor, or multiple processors in the system, make sure that rfactor can use both processors. You can also try to give rfactor2.exe a bit higher priority. Do that via the TaskManager (right click on rfactor2.exe when started, and select affiliation and priority).

So you are using a Apple Notebook.. Not the best option for gaming, and with the high demands that rfactor is setting at the moment, I do not think that this will run smoothly, with high graphics on it.

Try tunring all off, No HDR, No sync, no FXAA, and turn detail to low. Does it run well then?
Disable things like crowd movement and shaders. That helps a lot as well.

I am really disappointed that I can't run rFactor 2 without lag, because based around the videos and screenshots I have seen, rFactor 2 looks like a FLAWLESS game. I think ISI have done a FLAWLESS job on the game so far.

The job is not flawless ;) But I do agree, it looks amazing once you get it running. Not only does it look great, it drives even better :p

I would recomend waiting till the final release, as I suspect the load on the PC will be lower then as all graphical options will be operational. Can;t guarantee that offcourse.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back