HW - ISSUE: mclaren gt3 fanatec Rim - TC & ABS

Nocturne

3D-SimGear
Hi all,

did anyone figured out a way to use the 11 Position Knobs on the new GT3 Fanatec Rim in AC for TC and ABS Settings?

Ingame i only can set it up to two positions. But i think there are 11 (Buttons) Positions to set it to...

• Deleted member 6919

From what I'm picking up there not functioning on any sim, the game itself has to be updated for this rim, so it's needs it's own profile I'm guessing, I know over in Sector 3 that they plan to update for it in the future, why they didn't make them work as a rotary dial on a button box I have no idea.

From what I'm picking up there not functioning on any sim, the game itself has to be updated for this rim, so it's needs it's own profile I'm guessing, I know over in Sector 3 that they plan to update for it in the future, why they didn't make them work as a rotary dial on a button box I have no idea.

iRacing is, AFAIK, the only sim that can utilize this functionality by assigning the black boxes to each switch. I know, it's not the same as ABS, TC, ARB or Turbo boost, but it's something.

What I'm more concerned about is proper use of the clutch bite point AKA the ability to program the bite point, so that when you pull the bite point clutch all the way, it's at the programmed bite point. The way it is right now, you have the hold the clutch at a specific amount of pressure, which isn't the way dual clutch systems work.

Any update on this wheel ? Where are we at now ?

My concern was addressed couple months ago: the bite point of the clutch is now programmable (download driver v311) and it's a pretty quick process:

1. Hold any one of the clutch paddles fully and press up or down on the funkyswitch (the 7-way switch all Fanatec wheels have).
  2. The last set bite point should appear (a value from 1 to 100). Rotate (or press up/down) on the funkyswitch to set the bite point.
  3. Release the clutch. That's it. Use it like a normal dual clutch after this (hold in both clutch paddles, release one paddle (either one, doesn't matter) on the green light (with the throttle to the floor of course), ease out the other paddle as you gain speed/traction). Works very well for me once you've done a few test runs to find the perfect percentage).

As for the rotary dials, nothing has changed: just have to wait for games (most likely future ones) to program in functionality for such a system (here's hoping ACC gives us that option). Recently I tried mapping the rotary to Z1 dashboard, since it has a separate button mapping for each of the 10 screens. No luck so far, as the app doesn't see the rotary buttons (but it sees all the other buttons on the wheel; it's because Z1 doesn't recognize more than 32 buttons per controller and the rotary buttons are from #37 go up). I contacted the Z1 dashboard people so hopefully they'll have a solution soon. iRacing allows you to program them to the black boxes (so I've heard).

Other than that, no real use for the rotary dials so far.

I use the dials in AC by mapping position 5 as decrease and position 7 as increase for TC and ABS. Better than nothing I guess

If it works for you sure, but having to reset it to position 6 everytime seems tedious (and the toggle switches next to the rotary dials seem better suited for TC/ABS/Brake Balance)...All IMO of course.

My concern was addressed couple months ago: the bite point of the clutch is now programmable (download driver v311) and it's a pretty quick process:

1. Hold any one of the clutch paddles fully and press up or down on the funkyswitch (the 7-way switch all Fanatec wheels have).
  2. The last set bite point should appear (a value from 1 to 100). Rotate (or press up/down) on the funkyswitch to set the bite point.
  3. Release the clutch. That's it. Use it like a normal dual clutch after this (hold in both clutch paddles, release one paddle (either one, doesn't matter) on the green light (with the throttle to the floor of course), ease out the other paddle as you gain speed/traction). Works very well for me once you've done a few test runs to find the perfect percentage).

I can't get this to work on dual clutch. I have the 3.11 driver installed but the only way to get the 100 clutch to come up on the display is when I press both paddles. If I let any one go then the display ramps down the range of numbers and then just goes blank, funky switch doesn't do anything when paddles are pressed in. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Andy.

Go to the Fanatec control panel in windows. Make sure you are in MODE A on the wheel (clutch bite point mode). Test each paddle separately to make sure they are working well. Also test the funkyswitch in all directions.

Do these separate things (i.e. start each one with no buttons or paddles pressed) and let me know what happens on the wheel display in each case:

1A) Hold only the left clutch paddle in. Press up or down on the funky switch a few times. What happens?

1B) Hold only the right clutch paddle in. Press up or down on the funky switch a few times. What happens?

2) pull the left paddle in fully. While still holding the left paddle, pull the right paddle fully. What happens? Do the same thing again but start with the right paddle first.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea