F1 2016 Huge thanks to Codemasters on proper Windowed mode support!

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
This was one of the main things that kept me from playing F1 2015. I could run borderless windowed mode, but it was not possible to get to my funky resolution (4702x1620) and a 3:1 aspect ratio.

The process with this game was MUCH easier! The hardware_config XML allows you to define a custom aspect ratio (you can calculate yours here: https://www.digitalrebellion.com/webapps/aspectcalc) and use Borderless Gaming and you are golden!

The best feature of all, however, is the ability to specify the window size, as well as the X and Y offset! The problem with F12015 was that it would start at the top left corner of the center monitor and if you werent quick enough it would remove the borders (and destroy your custom resolution) before you could move the screen all the way to the left screen in a triple screen setup.

Thank you so much for fixing this Codemasters! I played for 4 hours last night in the lobbies jumping from sprint race to sprint race and had a blast! Looking forward to dialing in my controls tonight!

Thats not fixing it, thats just a work around...dirt rally has a border less window option along with pretty much every single big new title released in the last year, we shouldn't be downloading a dang program to have it....really like the game regardless tho.

Thats not fixing it, thats just a work around...dirt rally has a border less window option along with pretty much every single big new title released in the last year, we shouldn't be downloading a dang program to have it....really like the game regardless tho.

It is true, a menu option to remove borders would be nice but at least I can play the game this year! It's an improvement!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back