1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to setup my rfDynHUD

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Chris de Jong, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

Since i formated and putted windows 7 on my system i had to download and install rfDynHUD again but after i extracted it to my rfactor folder and wanted to start the editor it didnt work, after spending 2 hours like a maniac trying to see what the problem is i give up and look for my answer here. If you know how to install it pls let me know and we can use teamviewer.

or reply this message
    U will be thanked alot

2. Installation

1. If you have a non-rfdynhud d3d9.dll in your rFactor installation folder, create a backup.
    2. To install the plugin copy all contents from the "rFactor" folder from this archive to your rFactor installation folder.
    3. Make sure a 32 bit Java Runtime Environment 6 (JRE) is installed (even if you're using a 64 bit OS*).
    4. Please consult the readme, to learn how to use it.
    5. Enjoy!
    * rFactor is a 32 bit Application, so even if you run it on Windows 7 64 bit, you need the 32 bit Java Runtime Environment to run rfDynHUD in your rFactor. It can be installed next to the 64 bit JRE without problems.

*source: CTDP

3. Believe Rfdynhud doesnt work yet with rFactor 2. Only with rFactor 1 and Game Stock car atm.

Edit: My bad i forgot FSR was still using rF1.

4. Also, if you use xfire, I worked out a few days ago that the d3d9.dll clashes with something of xfire, causing the game to crash before the intro screen :confused: So basically, don't use xfire (if you do) with this hud :D