1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to save trackmap plugin layout?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Anthony Machenil, May 20, 2015.

1. Hi,

I can't seem to save my layout with the trackmap plugin. When I go to 'save track map' it says: 'NOT OK'. Everytime I enter a race weekend my layout is lost and the standard layout is back.
    Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thx!

2. You first no to select add track or so, drive on complete lap until the text disappears and then go to save track map.

3. It doesn't work. I really like the plugin, but I always need to rearrange everything :/.

4. Is it possible that the game/plugin has no write access to the game/plugin folder? Try to start rF2 as admin and check if there still is no saved track map.

5. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

Are you saying that the different information windows don't save their position or you can't create a map of the track?

To save the layout of the information windows you do the changes you want and then in the options select Layout to All Sessions and press Enter. It should save the layout for all the sessions.

If you want different layouts in Practice, Warmup or Race to automatically load it can be done to. You need to go to the options and where it says Unique Layout select No. Then do the changes you want and select Layout to xx Session corresponding to the session you want that layout.

As for the map i use the method outside the game extracting the AIW and GDB files as it says in the manual.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  6. No, I don't want to create a map of the track. The information windows don't save their position. Sorry, wasn't clear about that. I have tried it like that but it doesn't work. I'll try again.

7. Then you need to save layout to session or how it is called and not save track map.

8. Niranjan

Niranjan
    Simracing is my antidepressant Premium Member

I think you should uncheck "read -only" option to the rF2 installation folder....try it

9. Done that, doesn't help. Everytime I quit the game and start it again I have lost my layout of all the information windows. This is frustrating :p.

10. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

Can you edit the trackmapconf.txt manually?
    Does it show the new layout that way?

11. Haven't tried that. I'll give it a shot :).

12. I guess you run windows 10? I am having the same problem it refuses to save my changes.