how to run a racer without steam

I'm pretty sure you can run Steam games offline though it is still essentially via Steam. I remember looking into it once because I lost Internet connection at my house for nearly 2 days and I was going nuts. Unfortunately, for me, you had to have it set up ahead of time. Do a search, you'll find it.

I'm pretty sure you can run Steam games offline though it is still essentially via Steam. I remember looking into it once because I lost Internet connection at my house for nearly 2 days and I was going nuts. Unfortunately, for me, you had to have it set up ahead of time. Do a search, you'll find it.
RaceRoom cannot be played offline. No connection and the game won't even start. It connects to your profile every time to see what content you own, among other things. There are workarounds for other Steam games and Steam itself has an offline mode, but this game needs internet.

Cant.png

Last edited:
Interesting to know what the OP means with his question.:cool:
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, for the most part. Personally, I hate Steam. Always have. I tried hard to find ways of playing things like Race 07 online without Steam but you couldn't. Would much rather not have it and Uplay and Origin cluttering up my computer and spying on my gaming activity. But those are the times we live in, unfortunately.

So yeah, not everyone who doesn't want Steam has evil intentions.

I agree. Guess I'm old school but when I purchase a game, I don't like it that I HAVE to go through a 3rd party to start it. I understand it - to a degree - from Steam's perspective but it shouldn't be a requirement. I actually had no idea it was like that until I suffered the Internet outage I mentioned. It was like, wait... what? I have to be online with Steam to play something that I purchased and is resident on MY computer? ...needless to say I was NOT a happy camper.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, for the most part. Personally, I hate Steam. Always have. I tried hard to find ways of playing things like Race 07 online without Steam but you couldn't. Would much rather not have it and Uplay and Origin cluttering up my computer and spying on my gaming activity. But those are the times we live in, unfortunately.

So yeah, not everyone who doesn't want Steam has evil intentions.
Well I am the opposite. I don't mind steam at all. It serves it's purpose. Installing and keeping games up to date is easy. Uplay and Origin I can do without. As for his intentions I can't guess but I am interested because if he has RRE and lots of it he knows he needs steam and he knows he needs to be online. I am curious. I would love to be able to use RRE offline.
What I don't like is RRE always having to be online. Everything else I can play with steam offline except for RRE. I don't like that but that is my opinion. Not every one feels the same.

One thing I do miss is the RACE 07 race club that Denis Phelan use to run here. :thumbsup:

Well I am the opposite. I don't mind steam at all. It serves it's purpose. Installing and keeping games up to date is easy. Uplay and Origin I can do without. As for his intentions I can't guess but I am interested because if he has RRE and lots of it he knows he needs steam and he knows he needs to be online. I am curious. I would love to be able to use RRE offline.
What I don't like is RRE always having to be online. Everything else I can play with steam offline except for RRE. I don't like that but that is my opinion. Not every one feels the same.

One thing I do miss is the RACE 07 race club that Denis Phelan use to run here. :thumbsup:
I agree. Guess I'm old school but when I purchase a game, I don't like it that I HAVE to go through a 3rd party to start it. I understand it - to a degree - from Steam's perspective but it shouldn't be a requirement. I actually had no idea it was like that until I suffered the Internet outage I mentioned. It was like, wait... what? I have to be online with Steam to play something that I purchased and is resident on MY computer? ...needless to say I was NOT a happy camper.
in our country republic, the game is pretty expensive and I'm just sorry that I can not garden it without internet connection we have poisons of the most expensive in Europe.

@sráč "in our country republic, the game is pretty expensive and I'm just sorry that I can not garden it without internet connection we have poisons of the most expensive in Europe."

I haven't got the foggiest idea what you mean matey. My guess is the universal translator is malfunctioning. :) But it doesn't matter where you live, RRE is damn expensive.

Lots of people ran that club over the years, including me. Such a good sim in it's day. Would probably hold up ok now too, but kids these days want their fancy-pants graphics otherwise they cry and can't "enjoy" anything. :rolleyes:
Yes but I enjoyed it under Mr Phelans supervision, they were good days. Agree with you about Race 07 though.:)

Last edited:
Just so you know, "sráč" is a Czech word. It literally means "f*cker".

It's also not true that R3E content is somehow more expensive here than anywhere else in Europe, neither is it true that our internet is one of the most expensive in Europe (unless you're talking about mobile internet, in which case it *is* true I guess, but I certainly hope nobody is playing sims on mobile internet).

I imagine the OP is wanting to do this because of internet data limitations or just his internet connection speed, which is reasonable. Not everyone plays with an unlimited data internet connection, or 'highspeed' internet.

As @Ross Garland mentioned though, RR will not run without an internet connection.

So. I'm not the guy who is talking arround the corner so to say:

Have you bought the game, or is it a cracked one ?

I highly doubt there is anything nefarious here, because Im not even sure that a cracked version, or even any content from RR exists on the dark web.

Why? Because you dont even have all of the files for the game on your computer... hence one of the reasons for the internet connection ;)

BTW, I wouldn't necessarily see such questions as nefarious, but it is a sensitive topic and OP is definitely not doing himself any favors the way he goes about it IMO, hence why I felt the need to point out certain things in my previous post.

Also, the game is technically free (unless there is some way to unlock content illegally - I never even bothered to look, especially given how easy on the money R3E content is even for someone on a tight budget), so the likelihood of someone actually asking for some shady reasons is pretty low I think.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%