1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to > Remove Generic Horizon

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Paul Minnaar, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Hi guys. I've read through the other similar topics and picked up some tips, but I'm still baffled, so hopefully you guys can help.

In the picture, you can see my horizon wall (Yellow) made in BTB and the bigger BTB generated horizon behind that (Red) in game.

How do I delete that BTB generated horizon from the project once exported ?

Bare in mind I am using BTB Evo. so the image on the right is what I want it to look like in game.

[​IMG]

Regards
    P

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

It will be a GMT file.

Doing it in rFactor is easy, as the GMT file will be unpacked. But seeing as you use the Evo version, it packs everything into the GTR files.

So you will need a GTR packer/unpacker to remove the GMT file,

OR

Simply remove/change its instance in the SCN file.

3. Thanks Kris - there is no SCN file out of BTB Evo. Must just find a way of unpacking the GTR/gmt file.

4. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Doh!! Forgot about that bit lol

It will be the TRK file

5. But what to find ? Thats the issue - do I just remove it from the file in a notepad ? What if the game looks for it and its not there ?

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

The game looking for something that doesn't exist = ERROR. :)

7. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

If you remove the instance from the TRK file, the game will not look for it.

It will probably be named something like horizon.gmt

Best bet is to import them into zmodeler to make sure you get the right one (assuming you can unpack the GTR file)

8. C:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilderEvo\Support\GTR2\AdditionalTextures

In this folder you will find the 4 images used to create the horizon image, make a backup of the originals for when you want to use the originals then replace them with these ones I have changed the alpha channel on. Don't forget to rename these ones to the names of the originals. Then export your track again and it should be invisible.
    You can't change the .trk file listing as the sky will vanish also.

Attached Files:

9. RT - this sounds like a great plan.

Will check tonight, thank you !

I will consider this one solved.

10. Only getting to test RT's solution - WORKS PERFECTLY.

Thank you