How to max out graphics

Hey guys quick question about the graphics. Mine seem pretty dull, especially compared to the youtube videos ive seen. I have the graphics set to high, but im not sure what all the other options are for and what to maximize and what to tone down. It seems like i get a lot better graphics in iracing compared to stock car, race 07 and even the rfactor 2 demo. Would like to max out the graphics but have no idea what options to change. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Sorry Michael for my delayed reply, my Oculus DK2 came in yesterday and I kind of got sucked into VR.

After you run the initial start and defined your resolution a file called config.ini gets generated to store these settings in the folder where you installed the game. Now this file can be edited with notepad or any other text editor you prefer. Inside this file are a few lines which you can change easily to increase the graphics quality.
this list:
CPU rating 5
CPU ram xxx
VRAM xxx
Player detail 3
Track detail 3
Shader 3

The numbers and xxx you see will most likely vary for you but if your system is recent enough you can alter them to these vallues fill in your actual system ram and GPU Ram and save it.

That would be my advise for step 1, the rest is all step 2 which requires some more tinkering.

Sorry, after I pressed reply I remembered that I experienced the same challenge, here's a copy of my own config.ini with the right naming:

CPURating=5
SystemRAM=0
VideoRAM=2674
ObjDetail=3
TexDetail=3
WindowedMode=0
RunBenchmarks=0
ShaderLevel=3

Keep your SystemRAM and VideoRAM to what you have but the others should help improve your quality, I've deleted a few lines since they should not matter for you and only left the most important lines.

Pieter Nienhuis said:
If you don't have the Tuomas, just add them manually in your config.ini

Wrong.

Track Detail="xxxx" and Player Detail="yyyy" are entries in the plr file.

You don't add NOTHING to a config.ini file, you only change what's there.

As for maxing out gfx:

@Michael Karlovitz, you must be follow a compound strategy, as need to produce changes in several areas:
- gfx drivers: find the gfx drivers profile for GSCE (or create one) and maximize AA, Aniso, etc. If your card is Nvidia based, download nvidia Inspector, which will allow you to tweak everything that you need.

- config.ini file (in the root directory of GSCE):
CPURating=5
SystemRAM=<your system RAM>
VideoRAM=<your-g-card RAM>
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5

-plr file (player file, found in UserData1<your_profile_name>:
Texture Detail, Texture Filter, you can maximize these.

Then:
Player Detail="3"
Opponent Detail="3"
Reflection Effects="3"
Track Detail="3"
Dust Detail, Smoke Detail, Skid Detail, Particle Detail, all set to 3

This should bring out better graphics.

If your card can handle it, be sure to have shadows on maximum.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back