• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

How to make own skin ?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Lexrax, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    HI,

I was interested in making my own skin/livery for my cars in the game Dirt Rally. What programs or applications do I need to edit and open up the pssg files ? Ive had a quick search on here, to no avail :(

Can anyone suggest something ?

2. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +36
    Sup!

I'm actually very new to skin editing, having started a month ago maybe.

To open up the PSSG files, I use a program called Ego PSSG Editor.
    To edit them, I use Photoshop.

There is a way apparently to see the skin that you are editing in real time on the car model, so you dont have to keep saving and inserting the skin in the game over and over to see if everything fits. However, I dont know what program it is or how to do it.

For me, I created a folder called "Skin Workbench" and exported one of each file to work on so im not over-writing original files.

3. Palo Samo

Palo Samo

Ratings:
    +32
    A full-blown Photoshop has got a 3D editing mode, but for me opening the model in Blender and then refreshing the texture works like a charm :)

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    There's a pretty good guide here that gives you a step-by-step on creating your own skins for DR. You can use Gimp 2 as a free alternative to Photoshop too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks Ross :)