• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a standalone car mod in gtr evo using existing files?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Michael Sheraton, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Michael Sheraton

Michael Sheraton

Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, i love the mg zs and i have used the bmw 320i as the model, i have copy and pasted the 'bmw 320i teams' folder and changed it to 'MG ZS Teams'. I then changed every single file name that included 'BMW_320i' and changed the bit also to 'MG_ZS'
    i changed everything!
    the standalone bit itself works and it appears ingame under the mg badge and then when i select the mg badge it appears with 'MG ZS' but the skin is not on the car and it is bright green, what should i do?

2. Dave Flower

Dave Flower

Ratings:
    +471
    Michael - I dont know all about this so my reply might be dumb to those of you in the know, but if its a custom skin your using it is in the Custom skin folder in MY DOCUMENTS and not in PROGRAM Files?

3. Michael Sheraton

Michael Sheraton

Ratings:
    +0
    no it is not custom skin, sorry, its a teams folder located in the 'MG ZS Teams' folder.

4. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    Don't change the names of the car livery .dds's in the teams folder, these need to be the same as before...