1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get rF1 auto clutch to work like GTR2 (P&G?) auto clutch

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Kevin Knorpp, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Allow me to explain.

In GTR2 using P&G mod (I only mention P&G in case helpful because I know it makes changes to the plr file), if I hold the throttle down without lifting at all while the car shifts through the gears during acceleration, the game will automatically lift and pause between shifts just like I would do if I were driving with a clutch.

Why is this important?

Because there are two ways that I am used to driving (1) modern vehicles with paddles and auto clutch/blip and full manual.

On occasion (currently because i am awaiting a replacement for a broken h-shifter which will take weeks ; but also whenever I am using my son's wheel or at a friend's house, etc.) I am without a clutch and h-shifter and found that the way GTR2/P&N works allows me to drive a historic car much like a modern car instead of some hybrid method like paddles + clutch or autoclutch but have to lift like my rF1 and rF2 are currently behaving (if I don't lift during an upshift then the transmission revs very high between gears until the next gear is engaged).

Anyway, does anyone know how to make rF2 and/or rF1 behave like GTR2/P&G does?

Many thanks in advance :thumbsup: