How to get around missing badges, skins and .json files for Mod Cars

Hi there,

While downloading and installing mod cars for Assetto Corsa, I noticed that Content Manager picked up several errors. It would say that the skins were missing or logos and badges and most often of all the ui .json file. What you have to do to get the car working again is to open the car's folder in the content\cars folder. If there's a car of the same make that you know to be working, copy the logo (in the main file list for the car) and badge (in the ui folder) from it and paste and replace the ones that CM doesn't recognise. With regard to the .json files, some of which will be in the skin folder as well as the ui folder, right click them and select 'open with' and select Notepad. You can then open the files. Don't do anything to the text, just save the file.

Hopefully, you should then find that Content Manager will recognise the car properly and you can then drive it.

Have fun folks!

I found something else last night. I downloaded a Mitsubishi Eclipse. When I installed and loaded it, for some reason the autoshifter part of drivetrain.ini would get ignored and whatever I tried, I couldn't get automatic gears.

The only way I could get round it was to copy that section from another car's drivetrain.ini, in my case it was a Caterham, paste it into the one for the Eclipse and save it. The odd thing was, the FTO I had had the same lines in its drivetrain.ini and it worked. I copied and pasted those into the Eclipse one and it didn't work again! Weird, still, I got it going in the end!

Hi there,

While downloading and installing mod cars for Assetto Corsa, I noticed that Content Manager picked up several errors. It would say that the skins were missing or logos and badges and most often of all the ui .json file. What you have to do to get the car working again is to open the car's folder in the content\cars folder. If there's a car of the same make that you know to be working, copy the logo (in the main file list for the car) and badge (in the ui folder) from it and paste and replace the ones that CM doesn't recognise. With regard to the .json files, some of which will be in the skin folder as well as the ui folder, right click them and select 'open with' and select Notepad. You can then open the files. Don't do anything to the text, just save the file.

Hopefully, you should then find that Content Manager will recognise the car properly and you can then drive it.

Have fun folks!

Hi there,

Have fun folks!
Thanks for this. Opening the file and re-saving it fixed this for me.

Hi there,

Have fun folks!
please i'm not able to do this type of things, can you be more accurate ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea