How to: find servers in the rFactor lobby?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Premium
No problem they are online but sometimes the lobby reacts strange. Please try the following to solve this problem:

• Go to: X:\rFactor\UserData\Your Name
  • Find Multiplayer.ini
  • Right click and open with notepad
  • Find:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]400[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Replace with:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]1000[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Don't forget that we write our server name in capitals. rFactor list small letters first followed by capitals

For Windows 7 users location of the file is found here

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\UserData

Make sure to go to "Organise" - Folder and Search options then View tab and choose to Show hidden files to see AppData.

GAAAH, this is driving me crazy. I have the latest version of rF, I edited the PLR file accordingly and I STILL can't find the RD servers, no matter how much I refresh or look through the list... :frusty:

My OS is Windows XP SP3 if that helps...

If your still having issues try putting both these lines to 0, both in the same Multiplayer.ini file.

Gamelist AutoRefresh (LAN)="0" // if true, the gamelist will auto refresh on page activation if LAN refresh type is selected
Auto Join Chat Server="1" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start up

You'll have to refresh the lobby manually.

Grrr! This is driving me up the wall.

I open the file with notepad, change the value from 1000 to 1600 (RD servers STILL not showing up) and save the .ini file. What puzzles me is that every time I access the file afterwards (after running rF) it seems to reset itself to 1000. The RD servers are still not showing up, and I have no idea what's keeping me from going insane. :at-wits-end:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 78 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 128 57.1%