How to: find servers in the rFactor lobby?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
No problem they are online but sometimes the lobby reacts strange. Please try the following to solve this problem:

• Go to: X:\rFactor\UserData\Your Name
  • Find Multiplayer.ini
  • Right click and open with notepad
  • Find:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]400[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Replace with:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]1000[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Don't forget that we write our server name in capitals. rFactor list small letters first followed by capitals

I have alot of time when i exit the server (like last night) that i need to wait 5 min or more to get back in, even when i restart the game. I says then "joined time out". But i saw yesterday people leaving, but the where back in 10 seconds, how come? :)

rFactor Servers

My team mate is hosting a server on rFactor for our team and we have hard time tracking it by just refreshing on the list with all the servers.

Sure we can try to track it by the IP but I was wondering how is it possible to make so the Server is quickly visialbe by just refreshing the list once because when I use to join the FSONE 09 races on the club I always find the server as quickly as I enter the list with all the servers.

I hope there is an answer to this because it would be VERY helpful.

Finally got SimSync to work, and now I cannot find the RD server. Can you post an IP addr? I have changed to 1000, and I refreshed a dozen times. I can see the Water Blue Racing server, but I don't have the password. I want to both do some driving online, and to check that the sync truly did work.

Thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea