How to enable H shifter?

Glad it worked Nigel, and you're right. It only works in cars that have a H-Pattern gearbox. Sequential gearbox cars have to use the paddles. Keeping it real.

At the moment the manual clutch is really only required for take offs. Once you're moving you can change gears without using the clutch at all at any speed from any gear to any other gear (unfortunately). With the initial beta of v1.3 it appears there's no manual clutch for the vintage at all. I'm hoping that's because they're trying to get around the clutch-less shifting issue, as that just wouldn't seem right in a vintage car.

I guess I must have tried it in one of the other cars. I just joined the RD server and drove the Vintage for the first time and it was working fine. What a beast!! I love it! I've got to figure out how to drift turn now, as sliding around Laguna Seca is just too much fun.

I guess I must have tried it in one of the other cars. I just joined the RD server and drove the Vintage for the first time and it was working fine. What a beast!! I love it! I've got to figure out how to drift turn now, as sliding around Laguna Seca is just too much fun.

i was watching people online and they where braking quiet late and getting the front turned in on slow corners, i`m wondering if they where using the handbrake? which is mapped to "ins" on the keyboard.

I've never tried using a handbrake. Not sure how to do it. But I found I had to brake quite early and just the impetus of starting the turn would usually set up the drift. After a few laps I was beginning to get a feel for it. But a steep learning curve is still ahead I think. Definitely worth it. Such a different and fun car.

Got it to work but it doesnt feel right with the clutch always in auto. How can I have full manual clutch? I also thought on the start line I can have the clutch pressed while in 1st gear, but that always doesnt work.

Yeah it doesn't feel right, but there's no way to have manual clutch I don't think. On another note, I was online with you earlier Abdul, and except for when you started out of the pit ahead of me, I never saw you again. Did you see me ever once we were on the track? I think we might have been experiencing the same bug as Sunday when some people can't see each other on the track. The way we were doing times, we should have come across each other at some points.

By the way, before I had to leave to pick up my son, I saw you posted a 1:37 lap. That seems good to me in these cars.

Yeah it doesn't feel right, but there's no way to have manual clutch I don't think. On another note, I was online with you earlier Abdul, and except for when you started out of the pit ahead of me, I never saw you again. Did you see me ever once we were on the track? I think we might have been experiencing the same bug as Sunday when some people can't see each other on the track. The way we were doing times, we should have come across each other at some points.

By the way, before I had to leave to pick up my son, I saw you posted a 1:37 lap. That seems good to me in these cars.

Come to think of it, I remember seeing you exiting the pits and after that I couldnt see you on track or pits.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back