How to edit existing mod package

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Im loving Rfactor 2 at the moment and have just started hosting and its great, I go to the mass utility and put together a package of cars and tracks and off i go an lauch a server for myself and friends, brilliant!

One thing i would like to know is how to edit an existing mod package, for instance:

Ive made a mod package with Formula 2 cars and Zandervoot track. Next day a friend says can we add Barber raceway. Now ive tried to edit the existing package using the edit existing package button in mass utility and added the track Barber raceway, hit package and it seems to add the track, yet when I go to host using the dedicated host button in the laucher the package is selected as normal but when i get to track selection the track ive just added does not show up. So why is this?

Hope you can help

Cheers!

Thanks Jimmy, only thing I can think leaves old packages.

1. Leaving 2 versions in the same archive ( manual install)
It will install the lowest version.
2. Editing a mod and leaving MAS2 and/or rF2 open when packaged.

===================

More bad news lol ;) Joking I never let rF2 get me down.
I totally uninstalled rF2 and deleted anything else ( no rFactor2 folder in Steam )
I wanted to anyway and wanted to test Exetel dual speed free day wow got up to 260Mbps I mean the 70+GB to download took no time.
I checked steam apps workshop folder was nothing from rF2 ID#
I rebooted, did a full Tune-up cleanup (you never know )

Installed fresh rF2 and downloaded all DLC
Let rF2 install the lot
Checked mod manager etc.
Never added any backed up files whatsoever.

Subscribed to NGTC and NGTC skin pack.
Downloaded and installed and I still have the old versions.

Now comes manual install of 170GB + car and track updates and patches.
Then I drop in all my Rfm through OVGME.
They will all work 100% so no problem for me.

Off Topic:
This pcie5.0 SSD I barely found much difference in basic sim stuff.
But redoing rF2 DLC installs in Steam oh my was it rapid, biggest DLC installed in a blink ( vs 3-5 seconds with pcie4 ) other smaller packages I could not read them too fast. lol

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Regarding the track, the link you offer takes me to the track by Luis B, which is the only Cadwell I can find in the workshop, but it is identified as version 1.55, rather than 2.0, in my Mod manager. Cadwell_Park_Circuit version 1.55, to be precise. The MG I downloaded was also V5, while the Astra and Civic were both V2.

Sorry not sure what is going on but I can download Cadwell 2.0 for that link ...I think it says v2.0 if you look at change note

Update: 11 Feb, 2023 @ 2:19am
Version 2.0 updated the Real Road settings and textures, updated skidmarks and a few details. Updated the trackedge textures. Updated some materials parameters.

You can also tell from the screenshot of track is not v1.5

Sent you conversation / message ;)
DD

P.S. They also named different so you can use both versions in same rfmod if you wish.

Last edited:
Thanks Jimmy, only thing I can think leaves old packages.

1. Leaving 2 versions in the same archive ( manual install)
It will install the lowest version.
2. Editing a mod and leaving MAS2 and/or rF2 open when packaged.

===================

More bad news lol ;) Joking I never let rF2 get me down.
I totally uninstalled rF2 and deleted anything else ( no rFactor2 folder in Steam )
I wanted to anyway and wanted to test Exetel dual speed free day wow got up to 260Mbps I mean the 70+GB to download took no time.
I checked steam apps workshop folder was nothing from rF2 ID#
I rebooted, did a full Tune-up cleanup (you never know )

Installed fresh rF2 and downloaded all DLC
Let rF2 install the lot
Checked mod manager etc.
Never added any backed up files whatsoever.

Subscribed to NGTC and NGTC skin pack.
Downloaded and installed and I still have the old versions.

Now comes manual install of 170GB + car and track updates and patches.
Then I drop in all my Rfm through OVGME.
They will all work 100% so no problem for me.

Off Topic:
This pcie5.0 SSD I barely found much difference in basic sim stuff.
But redoing rF2 DLC installs in Steam oh my was it rapid, biggest DLC installed in a blink ( vs 3-5 seconds with pcie4 ) other smaller packages I could not read them too fast. lol
This is so bizarre as I can not recreate this issue, just so I understand your sorted now though? you don't need my help?

Sorted Jimmy ?
No, can't get latest packages through workshop.
Ok, I will recreate the Astra and MG6 packages later and roll the versions but I can only have one attempt. This will break anyone elses server mod packages and since I can not replicate or see the issue I feel I am breaking things for one to upset the mass. I hope you understand, if I could recreate then I would batter the bug until it was gone but a bug that I can not see is one that is very confusing :).

I will let you know once the packages have been recreated and they will be aimed at 1.01 for your pleasure :)

Very good idea Durge. It will also give the mod more public advertisement. Problem with the Steam workshop sometimes is things can become lost and there is not a great way of bubbling a package to the surface. Keep watch in a bit, but I will nudge you once uploaded as keen to understand if your sorted. Your my favourite photo person so I need you up and running :).

Last edited:
:cool:

Yes, no need to update so will match Workshop.
Advantages to both methods.

P.S. I have racked my brain p
Only thing possible it must have something in some steam cfg file won't let latest download.

Thing is I could swear the first time I went to workshop and re-subbed I saw V6 and V3 flash up but only once.
Still was only V5 etc. even though I had already uninstalled rfmod and rolled back updates.

So weird.

Manual install of latest packages will fix it ;)

Last edited:
As well I think your method of updating is by far the best way.
It allows both all tracks & cars and rfmods to behave identically.
It does not interfere with other rfmods, mods or skins.

Other skin / update methods can clash with other content, rfmods and all tracks & cars changing available skins and even corrupting other rfmods
that contain the same base content.

Last edited:
As well I think your method of updating is by far the best way.
It allows both all tracks & cars and rfmods to behave identically.
It does not interfere with other rfmods, mods or skins.

Other skin / update methods can clash with other content, rfmods and all tracks & cars changing available skins and even corrupting other rfmods
that contain the same base content.
I am so sorry, I really struggled for time last night. I had a couple of jobs in the way to clear and then I was going to rebuild, test and release on Overtake but it got to 10.30pm and I had run out of energy. Wife is on a charity golf day today so I have plenty of time tonight after work to get this done for you. Don't worry I haven't forgotten you :).

Quick tell me if it works :)

BTCC NGTC Upgrade Pack

Really sorry I ran out of steam last night. If it works you owe me some BTCC pictures please Durge, could do with some BTCC 2024 and NGTC promotion and no better man than you :)

PS Astra upgrade rebuilt to V3 and for clarity it was my bad Durge, MG6 was supposed to be on V5 but for 100% clarity the MG6 is now V6. All tested my end and no issues found. All manually installed but for clarity I always manually install for test reasons before submitting anything from new to upgrade to the Steam Workshop.

Last edited:
Fantastic news guys and you are more than welcome. I hope you enjoy the upgrade, its what the NGTC mod should have always been :).

No hurry okay :)
Will you update Workshop as well ?
Would make going from manual to workshop or vice a versa consistent.

Yeeha :p

Last edited:
Yes no problem, I will update tomorrow.

Hey Jimmy,

thanks for all your hard work on the BTCC cars! Can't understand why BTCC isn't one of the most popular series in sim-racing.

I have a quick question. Do you know have any idea why, when I install the BTCC 2019-2024 Skin Pack, I can no longer use a BTCC 'Mod' containing the original s397 cars + tracks? The mod is suddenly recognized as damaged and no longer shows in game. When I uninstall the skin pack, the mod works again. It doesn't matter if I create it before or after the skin pack has been installed.

Do you happen to know of a way around this?

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes