1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to disable "caution - yellow flag" sound?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marian Zelenka, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Hi.

It realy gets on my nerves when my race engineer says this again and again. I want to dissable only this yellow flag warning. I see yellow flag on my monitor which is sufficient for me.

I have GTR Evolution Steam version and I don't see all the files, which is the main reason that I don't know what to do with it.

Thanks.

2. most likely, you would need to add a file that has zero sound bytes with the same name as that used in the game and put it in the GameData/Sounds/ folder...

3. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

Yes, I was thinking the same way. But I don't see much files on my Steam version and don't know which file to create.

Is here someone with boxed version?

4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

I've just discovered a program called GCFScape which can extract any Steam game.

I extracted (Race 07)\GameData\Sounds\Pit\yellows_in_sector_one_pTc.wav , yellows_in_sector_two_pTc.wav and yellows_in_sector_three_pTc.wav .

But I can replay only .mp3 files. Wav doesn't seem to work. Nevermind I'll try to create zero sound files.

5. you are on to it... have fun...

6. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

It doesn't work. First I tried zero sound files and then replaced them with blue flag warning wav files. Doesn't work neither in Steam folder, nor in Documents.

7. did you replicate the folder structure as per how it is in the gcf's into the GameData folder in the steam install?

e.g.

if the gcf's looked like something this:

GameData/Sounds/Track/Pit/yellow_flag.wav

then you need to use that in your game install too, with all the sub folders.

8. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

Yes, I made the folder structure. I don't understand why it doesn"t work. Mods work good.

9. there are many things that are simple locked and can't be over ridden...

Like adding the 7th gear for F1 cars via the garage...