1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to disable "caution - yellow flag" sound?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marian Zelenka, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Hi.

It realy gets on my nerves when my race engineer says this again and again. I want to dissable only this yellow flag warning. I see yellow flag on my monitor which is sufficient for me.

I have GTR Evolution Steam version and I don't see all the files, which is the main reason that I don't know what to do with it.

Thanks.

2. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    most likely, you would need to add a file that has zero sound bytes with the same name as that used in the game and put it in the GameData/Sounds/ folder...

3. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Yes, I was thinking the same way. But I don't see much files on my Steam version and don't know which file to create.

Is here someone with boxed version?

4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    I've just discovered a program called GCFScape which can extract any Steam game.

I extracted (Race 07)\GameData\Sounds\Pit\yellows_in_sector_one_pTc.wav , yellows_in_sector_two_pTc.wav and yellows_in_sector_three_pTc.wav .

But I can replay only .mp3 files. Wav doesn't seem to work. Nevermind I'll try to create zero sound files.

5. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    you are on to it... have fun...

6. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    It doesn't work. First I tried zero sound files and then replaced them with blue flag warning wav files. Doesn't work neither in Steam folder, nor in Documents.

7. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    did you replicate the folder structure as per how it is in the gcf's into the GameData folder in the steam install?

e.g.

if the gcf's looked like something this:

GameData/Sounds/Track/Pit/yellow_flag.wav

then you need to use that in your game install too, with all the sub folders.

8. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Yes, I made the folder structure. I don't understand why it doesn"t work. Mods work good.

9. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    there are many things that are simple locked and can't be over ridden...

Like adding the 7th gear for F1 cars via the garage...