1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to create clear windscreen?

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Appie Kuipers, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Dear Guy's, is it possible to clear up the windscreen of some cars, they are in mine opinion to dark?
    Can I create full clear windscreens, how is that done? Thanks for your support, very appriciated.......Appie.

2. You can edit the DDS files and clear out the windscreen, I don't do much skinning tho so maybe someone else can jump in and give you more info.

3. If you have photoshop, know how to use it and have the DDS plug in for it:

1. Open the car's _internal_transparent.dds file in photoshop.
    2. Go to the channels palette and find the alpha channel.
    3. Paint the part you want to be clear close to 100% black.

If you don't have photoshop, don't know how to use it and don't have the DDS plug in, then get photoshop, learn how to use it and get the dds plug in for it, then do all those steps.

4. There is also a DDS plugin for Gimp.

5. Thanks very much, will get into it!!

6. If the cracks on the windscreen bug you they can be removed as well. There's a file called WS_broken.dds which controls this effect.

7. That's a bit of a cheat, don't you think?

8. Don't see why, since you can drive from bumper cam (like me), or move the camera in front of the glass itself.

9. yea, bumper cam!!

10. Didn't realize bumper cam was so popular in this sim. I like to sit in the seat in every sim game. Seems to defeat the simulation purpose otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cleaned a couple of windscreens today so in car view is nice and clear.
    Impreza95
    Impreza00
    If there is already an existing repository of such files, please let me know. Don't have to go cleaning then :)