1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How strong is the Race On AI?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Larry Stovall, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Been running laps around Road America, trying to get a respectable lap time. I've been comparing my practice times to those the AI gets at 95%, and I'm just slightly faster on a good day (getting increasingly consistent, thankfully).

What I sorta want to know is, though, just how decent IS the AI? I know the first time I race online I'll get spanked, that doesn't bother me...but I would like to know if I can use the AI times as a guideline for what I should be shooting for.
  2. Not speaking out of experience unfortunately, due to crappy internet connection
    but I asked the same question before

They say you should be able to win races with the AI set at 100%
    if you want to compete with the midfield online.

Been practicing a lot offline as well. ;-)

(I also read here at RD that the AI of WTCC-cars is stronger than for example the one of the GT-cars
    but I don't know how much exactly)
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Dont drive much against the AI but the times i do they are quite easy to beat. Biggest problem is that they dont drive consistent and very weird (constant braking in corners). RACE is fun online but offline it misses a lot
  4. Tim: Thanks. I've beat them at 100 before, so being able to do it consistently is a doable goal I think. That's encouraging.:)

Bram: I've heard that it's a much better time online. Wireless can't get here fast enough...