F1 2011 How much f1 2011 is a simulation in percentage terms?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I don't think your questions are appropriate for this thread but anyway, here's what I think.
1) I haven't been hit from behind yet.
2) Yes
3) Haven't seen AI with failures and I don't believe they're effected by fuel load. There are some mods that claim it increases AI mech failures however.
4) Not in my opinion.
5) Yes
6) They qual but get in the way too.
7) Really?
8) ???
9) Top 5 championship or a race? At hardest difficulty, top 5 championship may be difficult if you don't exploit the spring bug.
10) AI lap times or yours? On some tracks maybe but generally... I don't think so.
11) Never tried that.

now lets compare f1 2011 codemasters with say, ferrari's simulator that alonso and massa use, ok.

in f1 2011 the driving bit i think is mostly simulation. i.e., your car, your car's aerodynamics, engine, tire grip, weather, road surface, driving style, mechanical setups, etc., etc.. i think if codemasters wanted to make a 100% pure simulation as the ones at ferrari, i'm sure they could. of course, without the g-force hydraulic systems and surround view, etc.

but perhaps, i say perhaps the only reason why codemasters might want to sacrifice some amount of simulation accuracy is probably only down to 1) to offer better graphics (than the ferrari simulator), and 2) make it a bit easier so that mere mortals like us can actually drive a F1 car.

the rest, everything else apart from the driving, i don't think anyone can accurately simulate. i mean, i don't expect that even the simulators at ferrari etc, have artificial AI opponent drivers, AI cars, career modes, etc., i don't honestly think it can be done easily., and the fact that what we have here in the game is actually the best in the world (i mean, there's only one F1 game in the market, so - nobody to compare with). i think all in all, we are quite lucky to have a great F1 game that a lot of people do love.

the rest, everything else apart from the driving, i don't think anyone can accurately simulate. i mean, i don't expect that even the simulators at ferrari etc, have artificial AI opponent drivers, AI cars, career modes, etc., i don't honestly think it can be done easily., and the fact that what we have here in the game is actually the best in the world (i mean, there's only one F1 game in the market, so - nobody to compare with). i think all in all, we are quite lucky to have a great F1 game that a lot of people do love.

I doubt that the professional sims care about AI, right, but I _know_ that better AI (and physics, and pretty much everything apart from graphics) has been done. Long long time ago.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%