How many Steering wheels do you have...?

How man Steering Wheels do you have? What size/mm are they and what cars do you race with which rim?

What is an ideal collection of wheels to cover car types across AC/ACC/AMS2/RF2....?

Thanks.

I am in the Fanatec ecosystem so limited to their offerings (without PITA lol).

After trying several i settled on the following to cover open wheeler/LMP style and GT3/rest:

- Formula V2 with advanced paddle module: 27cm is a little bit on the small side for my taste but the wheel is good quality and the buttons and layout are good also for VR use

- Porsche 911 GT3 with Endurance button module and magnetic paddles: 32cm, i wanted to go with a 30cm rim (R300 is a very compelling rim) but found the 32cm to be more comfortable. Again, buttons and layout are very good for VR use imho.

Last edited:
  1. 15" round for cars before 1970
  2. 320mm round for newer cars
  3. Fanatec McLaren GT3 V2 for modern race cars
  4. G29 wheel + base (backup)

"Only" have a G29 at the moment... and a MVH Studios GT wheel
It is possible to swap the wheels around; it takes around 10 minutes to disassemble and reassemble so not a spur of the moment thing.
I keep thinking about having a quick release so I could swap but then I'd also need a broken G29 wheel that I could use for the second wheel electronics.

Last edited:
Way too much, to sum them up here. :roflmao:
Much more than i really need......

To illustrate, here a picture of my simracing closet made 2 years ago. Some have been sold and have been replaced by others.

image (42).jpg

Last count was 19 :redface:

Last edited:
Do you frequently remove dust from them? Are they exposed to sunlight or humidity?

Here are my two cents, if I may... That presentation is a bit busy and overwhelming. As a viewer, I find myself focusing more on the quantity rather than appreciating the craftsmanship and design qualities of each artwork.

I assume you value them; they represent more than mere functional pieces. If I were in your shoes, I would display fewer pieces but rotate them every two weeks, properly storing the others. I would also keep the ones I frequently use within easy reach on the wall. Having fewer pieces displayed would make it easier to enjoy organizing them by categories/themes (open-wheelers, prototypes, GTs, customs) and keep the collecting experience entertaining. It would also leave room for decoration/scenography (related pictures, stickers, livery colors). Additionally, I would add a small card for each displayed piece (with its history, information on the manufacturers, materials, races won, previous owners, etc.), similar to what museums have next to art pieces.

I have hundreds, one exact replica for each car I drive. They are all virtual steering wheels, however. :D That's one of the advantages of VR: I have just one physical steering wheel (a Sparco Champion in leather with my own aluminium magnetic paddles) and with it I can drive any car I want and it's easy to believe that the rim you have in your hands is the one you see in the game. No need to spending a lot of money, having dozens of rims on my room and dealing with quick releases and different configurations.

How man Steering Wheels do you have? What size/mm are they and what cars do you race with which rim?

What is an ideal collection of wheels to cover car types across AC/ACC/AMS2/RF2....?

Thanks.
i have some and run a certain process - i run only cars having the matching steering wheel - but that's a crazy "fetish" not worth to follow

being at your stage some time ago i like to share my view

1) clean "real" sparco / omp / momo for rally and older manual shifter cars (eg old formel cars)
no buttons - just enjoy a real racing wheel with suede - they are all great

2) formel or LMP 2 or hypercar with a diameter around 280mm

3) GT3 around 320mm

maybe you can combine 2 and 3

more important - are you looking for replicas or a great allrounder - maybe something to consider

i have some and run a certain process - i run only cars having the matching steering wheel - but that's a crazy "fetish" not worth to follow

being at your stage some time ago i like to share my view

1) clean "real" sparco / omp / momo for rally and older manual shifter cars (eg old formel cars)
no buttons - just enjoy a real racing wheel with suede - they are all great

2) formel or LMP 2 or hypercar with a diameter around 280mm

3) GT3 around 320mm

maybe you can combine 2 and 3

more important - are you looking for replicas or a great allrounder - maybe something to consider

yes.

I ended up having 3.

270mm for older F1/Caterhams etc

300mm for GT3

320mm for Road Cars/Rally etc.

I feel this covers most.

Attachments

• IMG_20240418_082825.jpg
    IMG_20240418_082825.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240418_082846.jpg
    IMG_20240418_082846.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 12
Only 1 wheel for each "ecosystem" I change the cars nearly every hour and i hate bothering with mounting. So i always try to have a neutral one which kind suits to all kind of cars.

Current: Fanatec CSL DD 8nM with CSL R300 v2 wheel (30cm)
Backup: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition (30cm) - was 6 years in use, still working
For Nostalgia: Logitech G25 (28cm?) - was 10 years in use, still working :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.