1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How long will it last?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Jesse Rowland, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Well i just got iracing back again after a couple years off and asked myself if it is still worth putting your money into?

I just dont want to spend a ton of money and then a year later iracing shut down.

Let me know your thoughts on this subject :)

2. I am not a member of iRacing but I can see no reason why iRacing would shut down in a year's time. Its membership has grown, it is developing in new areas such as dirt track racing and VR support and it is making major licensing deals (Ferrari). iRacing has survived the challenge from the new generation of sims such as rF2 and AC, and no one seems interested in taking on iRacing directly with highly structured on-line racing.

3. Yeah i dont see it happening soon, i was just curious what others thought of it. It just came to mind and made me think. But, you are definitely right.

4. There is a bit of competition online-wise once RaceRoom launches their system of safety rating and driver classes. However, this might be well into next year, so as of now iRacing is still pretty much a standalone when it comes to hassle-free competitive online action every hour on the hour.
    If you have been away some time, though, you will find that interest has moved to new series (renault 2.0, gt3, the new formula one car) and your older items might have lost some of their attraction. Which series did you run?

5. im running the IMSA championship ATM, the c7 was the first car i bought a couple weeks ago. I havent been a member too long only about a month and a half.

6. IMSA here as well but with the c-spec. it's one of the series which looks good on paper but then often has disappointing participation in two of the three classes. not long till the new schedule is out (two weeks), so i'd make any decisions about whether to stay or which series to join at that time. check participation in different series from time to time, you'll quickly figure out where it's at. cu on track. i will, for instance, probably go back to the skippy and go on doing gt3, lots of players means many participants in one's range. when in rome ...

7. I re-upped with iRacing again this year. Mostly ovals... However I just bought Assetto Corsa and project CARS on steams Autumn sale. I'm trying to work on road racing skills. iRacing is also adding dirt racing sometime soon which I think will have some entertainment value.