How long will it last?

Well i just got iracing back again after a couple years off and asked myself if it is still worth putting your money into?

I just dont want to spend a ton of money and then a year later iracing shut down.

Let me know your thoughts on this subject :)

I am not a member of iRacing but I can see no reason why iRacing would shut down in a year's time. Its membership has grown, it is developing in new areas such as dirt track racing and VR support and it is making major licensing deals (Ferrari). iRacing has survived the challenge from the new generation of sims such as rF2 and AC, and no one seems interested in taking on iRacing directly with highly structured on-line racing.

There is a bit of competition online-wise once RaceRoom launches their system of safety rating and driver classes. However, this might be well into next year, so as of now iRacing is still pretty much a standalone when it comes to hassle-free competitive online action every hour on the hour.
If you have been away some time, though, you will find that interest has moved to new series (renault 2.0, gt3, the new formula one car) and your older items might have lost some of their attraction. Which series did you run?

IMSA here as well but with the c-spec. it's one of the series which looks good on paper but then often has disappointing participation in two of the three classes. not long till the new schedule is out (two weeks), so i'd make any decisions about whether to stay or which series to join at that time. check participation in different series from time to time, you'll quickly figure out where it's at. cu on track. i will, for instance, probably go back to the skippy and go on doing gt3, lots of players means many participants in one's range. when in rome ...

I re-upped with iRacing again this year. Mostly ovals... However I just bought Assetto Corsa and project CARS on steams Autumn sale. I'm trying to work on road racing skills. iRacing is also adding dirt racing sometime soon which I think will have some entertainment value.

I've just been lucky enough to upgrade to a gtx 1080 and buy an Oculus Rift.
After speaking to one of my friends, who is an iracing member, I decided to purchase a 12 month membership. I'm glad I did! VR is excellently implemented and I'm really enjoying the racing. I plan to purchase some tracks and cars soon as well so I'm in it for the long haul.
Don't forget they have recently introduced a dx11 engine so I can't see em ending anytime soon :)

after doing a gt3 race yesterday night with more than 150 starters in grids of 30 or slightly more, where the chaps around you are about your size and you do not need to stick to a league timetable but have 60 hugely enjoyable minutes at virtual watkins glen without any hassle, ramming, swearing, open server behaviour, the sticker price still seems by far the best offer anywhere. this includes the near future.

if only we could get a decent user interface ...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back