DiRT Rally How he did that? I'm still 1 second slower

I'm enjoying Fourketa kourva with Fiesta recently.
Handles very well, and track is very fun-to-drive.
My best time was something like 2:49 few days ago, so I searched for other people driving that car on that track.
OK, its 2:38.... but.... how?

I've managed to do 2:43:960 after few days and it's my best.
https://s26.postimg.org/by94m56i1/20160806174821_1.jpg
How is this possible to do 5 seconds better?

I watched the video, recorded my own and started analizing.
On the first split he have 0:40:705 seconds.
I had 0:42 while driving like crazy.
So I focused to do the best as I can on that first split - so it shortened to 0:41:200-700.
It's still one second too slow.

https://s26.postimg.org/a7q3knoyx/SPLIT.jpg

I had 0:40:900 ONCE, but I crashed afterwards, and I cannot repeat that.

I've tried to edit car setup, brake later, shorten gears, longer gears, shift later, shift earlier, and my time is still 0:41:and someting
Could anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

My video:

Reactions: McM
I didn't realised that engine braking is so much stronger than just foot brake. The key is to brake as late as possible, but no engine braking before hairpins caused to loose traction.
That guy is driving sequential paddles, I drive H-shifter + clutch, and I'm very good at this. Unfortunately not that good to downshift so quickly through all gears :D
I get used to drive H-shifter so much that when I try with paddles my hands are just messing around , and I don't know what to do at hairpins :D
I set handbrake to right paddle and don't know what would be the best for it if not that paddle...

I got 2:41:510 yesterday with my manual driving. I have to mod my G27 shifter to do sequential in some way... and times will be better.

I would say that he was very lucky in the 2 fast sections. Also it would be interesting to know how many time he expended trying to set that time.
In one of the fast sections, there is a left corner in which you use 4th gear and he does it in 5th or 6th, I cannot remember, there you have another couple of seconds.
Good luck!

Had to push hard but I just did this track on 2.37 something.. The one thing I noticed when checking out the leaderboards is that this track has a loooooot of cheaters. Probably everyone from 1 to 25, at least. It is downright impossible to do this track below 2.34

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back