How good will this be?

Hey guys,
I'm looking to upgrade my Thrustmaster TMX wheel. I'd like to get something with a F1 style rim because I mostly play F1 2017 and AC with F1 mods. So I've been looking around and found the Ferrari F1 addon rim and the TX wheel base on an online store here in Romania. For the pedals, I already have the T3PA Pros and I like them so I won't be chaning them anytime soon. So I was basically wondering how big of an upgrade the TX will be over the TMX (if it is at all). Oh and any other suggestions? Thanks.

As wheel for my Xbox One I recently upgraded from a TMX to a TX and the base is much better: the rotation is smoother, faster and the FFB is more detailed.
I'm using it with the T300 rim (on the T300 I have the Sparco R383), the rim that comes with the 458 Italia bundle is awful, it's a toy, very small and all made of plastic, the quality of the TMX rim is definitely better.
So, for me it was a worthy upgrade, but I paid the TX only €180 and I had that T300 rim for spare.

About the F1 wheel add-on, I never tried it so I can't judge its qualities but undoubtly it has a lot of functions on PC Advanced Mode: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferrarif1addon-en/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As wheel for my Xbox One I recently upgraded from a TMX to a TX and the base is much better: the rotation is smoother, faster and the FFB is more detailed.
I'm using it with the T300 rim (on the T300 I have the Sparco R383), the rim that comes with the 458 Italia bundle is awful, it's a toy, very small and all made of plastic, the quality of the TMX rim is definitely better.
So, for me it was a worthy upgrade, but I paid the TX only €180 and I had that T300 rim for spare.

About the F1 wheel add-on, I never tried it so I can't judge its qualities but undoubtly it has a lot of functions on PC Advanced Mode: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferrarif1addon-en/
Thanks for the asnwer man. I know that the 458 rim is a bit shitty but like I said I'm only getting the base and the F1 rim.
I've placed the order last night and they said it should arrive between Christmas and the new year!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back