F1 2010 How does the online ranking work?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
With older Codemaster titles the ELO rating system decided your ranking. With the current game I am bit confused.

Me and Patrick did a couple of races tonight online. I won 5/6 races and only gained 4 ranking points, despite the fact my ranking was really low to start with (only a handful of races done prior to this night). We beat guys with ranks up to 31 points and above and still not much happened.

Is there any logic in the system, or is it the more you play online the more points you get, regardless if you win or loose?

ONLINE XP
Whenever you race online you will gain Online Experience which contributes towards your Online Rank. Online Rank showcases your skills and sets you apart from other online players, it also allows you to custom filter rooms by driving ability showing who’s got the most experience and expertise behind the wheel.

You can earn Online Experience in Qualifying sessions by completing flying laps or finishing within the top 3. In the Race your XP can be earned by finishing within the top 10, completing a lap without incident and per lap if you finish the race. Be aware, if you do not finish the race, or are disqualified, all of the XP earned will be declared void.

That is all I could find from the manual I believe, other than that CM are remaining tight lipped on it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.