1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you uninstall Race07?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Gareth Hughes, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes

Ratings:
    +2
    I just rebuilt my pc recently, and i conducted an uninstall test, to see which programs might have problems, and the biggest problem was Steam with Race07. It insisted i must have an internet connection to uninstall Steam, but i had uninstalled that already, so i was a bit stuck. So i uninstalled Race07, but it still appeared as installed in the windows apps list, but i deleted the steam folders before i realised this. which is strange because now i have no race07, no steam, but when you try to remove it from the windows apps list, it tries downloading steam again ?! What a mess!
    I've formatted the HD since and am now back with fresh install, but i dont want to install race07 again due to the problems, as i know i will be uninstalling again soon when EVO comes out.

Does anyone have an uninstall procedure that works? i have the DVD, online version (which can also be used offline)

2. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    you dont need to uninstall race 07 for GTR-Evo just save some money and buy the update version of GTR Evo for race 07

3. Maik Peters

Maik Peters

Ratings:
    +1
    Must have another look at it, but couldn't you say.. don't automatically update games.

So he won't install or update games by itself.

PS: Are you really sure your steam install is clean? no left-overs?

Good luck.

4. Bradley Wint

Bradley Wint

Ratings:
    +0
    Most likely there must have been some fragments in your PC registry causing it to appear as being still installed. If you do it again it such a manner, I guess you can either use a registry cleaning prog to erase the extra bits or if you know what you are doing, go into the registry yourself and delete the install info.