• Little Aussie Racing Cars: For when three-wide around a hairpin isn't quite close enough.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

How do you make a second install of the game?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by georgykay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. georgykay

georgykay

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. Just wondering. Is it possible to make a second installation of the game on the same machine so we can have a patched and an unpatched version to try out a few things? :confused: With rfactor I had 4 different istalls. I have the DVD version, and my only options are to play , uninstall, help or exit. Some help would be appreciated.

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,000
    I don't know much about Games For Windows Live, but wouldn't that prevent play (online) with an unpatched game?

3. georgykay

georgykay

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know much about windows live either. I play offline. But the ability to have 2 or more installs helps alot. You can have 1 for play and 1 for experimenting with mods etc. 1 patched and 1 not... It works with other games. Just wondering if we can do this with F1 2010....

4. karbinder

karbinder

Ratings:
    +1
    I have 2 installs running from f1 2010, 1 with the patch and 1 without.
    What i did was very simple, Copy my first install completly to another hdd and boot it up from there worked like a charm.
    Although i have to say, dont run the install from cd as it wont reinstall it a 2nd time.
    And dont forget when u login with ur 2nd F1 2010 install, make sure u make a different windows live account.
    Hope that helped u abit.