1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

How do Talent Files work?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by SunDevil, Jan 4, 2010.

1. SunDevil

SunDevil

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I just found out that the Talent Files in Race On can be changed with rFactor Talent Editor and so I added some talent files for add-on cars (I changed the driver names for those cars and therefore added talent files), but.....does it work???

If I add a car to my Custom Skins folder (Race On Offline) and simply create a talent file which I save into the Talent folder of the Race On folder, which ofcourse has the same name as the driver of the new car I added, is that working than? Does Race On use this Talent File for that car/driver??

Many thanks,

SD

2. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    it should....

3. SunDevil

SunDevil

Ratings:
    +0
    :) I know...but, after a little more research I found Tom's Driver Tool and there he explains that there are even more talent files under the Addon Folder. Searching there I find talent files for all standard GT drivers (GT Pro, GT Sport etc.). This time not single files, but files with a max. of 9 drivers. I editted these files and added more drivers, I am not sure if this works though?

4. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    i have only every put them in ...\GameData\Talent\

5. Franck Bonnin

Franck Bonnin

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I have a question about Talent File. If I create a Talent File for Yvan Muller, does he work ? Replace It the "basic" Yvan Muller's talent file from Race On ?

6. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    most likely not, you will find that his country flag doesn't work and he will not have either the SimBin talent or your newer talent :(

If you want to make a skin and in the .ini you call the driver Yvan Muller 2009 + make a talent file with the same Yvan Muller 2009 you will have an updated driver talented like you wish.....

7. Franck Bonnin

Franck Bonnin

Ratings:
    +0
    Do I also have to name the skin car folder's "Yvan Muller 2009" or not ?