• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

How do I save between sessions?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Mr Pibb, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Mr Pibb

Mr Pibb

Ratings:
    +102
    Hi. New to AC. Play in single player in VR with a G25.

When I've finished a race weekend quali, session, I may want to exit and come back the next day to race. When I do I find I'm back in the pit lane for quali again. How can I save between sessions - or even during sessions for that matter?

What if I want to do a quick one lap warmup just before the race the next day. Almost like a lap to the grid?

Also, why are there two start buttons? One labelled "start" and one labelled "Start Engine"? They're even side-by-side! I find that the AI strength is inconsistent and maybe depending which start button I choose, AI strength varies between what I asked for (90%) and what I get (98%). It's a bugger when you realise a long way into quali that the AI are at 98% when I selected 90%. Sometimes, when I return to main menu I see it's set at 98% even though I had selected 90%. Can't seem to control that.

Grateful for any help. Thanks.

2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +1,206
    The save between sessions feature is not available in AC, as well as the warm up lap.

About the AI, It has been a long time since I used it, so I have no idea what might be causing it.

3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    You might want to try a Steam integrity check to fix the AI. I've raced them a fair bit for practice and have never seen their strength change itself, or be anything different than what I've set it to.

That said, are you using a mod? I think I had one once (BTCC championship mod maybe?) that give the AI a range of strengths rather then setting them all the same.

4. Faston

Faston

Ratings:
    +4
    Same issue here with AI strenght slider. Sometimes since a few days ago, back itself to the default value of 98%.
    In any case, the AI are so fast with any value 85 or 98% is the same thing. Lotus49 lapping Monza66 under 1,27,5 .... what is quite unreal, at least for me.