How do I mount this nifty shift light?

Hey Team: My shiny new shift light just arrived. I would like to mount it to the front of the Accuforce wheel base, so that I can see it inside the wheel spokes. One problem is the top of the wheel base has a lip projecting over the front. And, I need to mount this securely, because this is a full motion rig. Ideas??

SL2.jpg

Attachments

• SL3.jpg
    SL3.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 27
I suppose you can still make it a flat plate with washers under the plate to get over the lip. Use longer screws than maybe.

3mm Aluminium should be enough.

Last edited:
I’ve a 3D printer and have used it a few times to make brackets - and used automotive double sided 3m foam tape to mount them to motors. You design and I’ll sketch and print. Not as strong as alu but easily enough to hold it ?

I’ve a 3D printer and have used it a few times to make brackets - and used automotive double sided 3m foam tape to mount them to motors. You design and I’ll sketch and print. Not as strong as alu but easily enough to hold it ?
Wow. What a generous offer, much appreciated. Before I take you up on that, I think Daniel may have pointed me in the right direction and I've now got an idea for a simple plate to go on the front of the wheel base. I'll let you know.

I suppose you can still make it a flat plate with washers under the plate to get over the lip. Use longer screws than maybe.

3mm Aluminium should be enough.
Thanks Daniel. I can use your idea. And, as ColinMac suggests, I can use some strong double-sided tape to secure the back of the shift light to the plate.

Fortunately, I have aluminum and some carbon fiber viny wrap in my project bins. I'll give this a go.

I also use a Accuforce (V2) and I think simexperience has some drawings on their webpage concerning mounting hole position on the front.

Good luck!

I think there should be no issue with strength at all. It's more the vibrations maybe.
Anyway, both ways will work.

I think there should be no issue with strength at all. It's more the vibrations maybe.
Anyway, both ways will work.
Good point about the potential vibrations. Will keep this in mind. It will be interesting to see if the casing of the wheel base transfers the vibrations into the aluminum plate. I may run to the hardware store and get a bit thicker piece of aluminum which may tend to keep the plate from oscillating back to front.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.