• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

How do i change/modify the rear wing?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Zoltan Matejka, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Zoltan Matejka

Zoltan Matejka

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello guys,

I need your help please! I'm on to make an ADAC Cruze Cup mod, and there are some differences between the WTCC Cruze and the ADAC Cruze. I won't be a 100% detailist, but the most important thing is the rear wing.
    My question is, how do i change it or modify it?
    I'm sure i can find a similar one on another car in the game, so this should be the easiest way, but i don't know, how can i "cut and paste" the wing.
    It would be really nice if somebody can help for me!
    Thanks in advance!!

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    I do not have that mod installed, so can't help here. Do you have a download link for the mod?

3. Zoltan Matejka

Zoltan Matejka

Ratings:
    +2
    There is no mod yet! I'm going to start it in the next few days. I was thinkin' at first i need to set the chassis. I'd like to use Simbin's Cruze template, but with another wing.:)

4. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +179
    just change the Cruze's CAS file...remove/change the lines:
    Code:
    Instance=RWING // REAR BOOT WING
    {
        Moveable=True
        <NOTSPIN> MeshFile=Cruze_WING_A.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(25.0)
        <NOTSPIN> MeshFile=Cruze_WING_B.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(25.0) LODOut=(50.0)
        <NOTSPIN> MeshFile=Cruze_WING_C.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(200.0)
        <NOTSPIN> MeshFile=Cruze_WING_SHADOW.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Static, Solid, 16, 16, Null, ZBuffer) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(80.0)
    }
    If you have a new GMT just replace the name but if you want to remove the wing completely you have to comment or delete the complete instance from the file ;)

5. Zoltan Matejka

Zoltan Matejka

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you! Yes i have, but from another car, so i'm affraid, i have to use 3dsmax to put the wing to the correct place!:)

6. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +179
    would be easier with 3DSimEd I guess...so maybe you should think about buying a licence as an option ;)

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    So sorry.. I totaly misread your post... Excuse me for my stupid reaction.