How about Cayman R?

I've never seen any flavor of Cayman in any sim. That's the one car that I could see buying if I had cubic money. I'd sure like to see the R in AC. Porsche is one brand that's conspicuously absent. Of course, dreaming, it would be nice to have the 918 or 919...

They won't run for me in 64-bit Windows 7, but GTR2 & GTR Evolution are still fun. The Formula 3000 Lola (in GTR-E) is the fastest they have; it's no Lotus Exos 125, but it's still a great car. And there are some really good tracks in those also. Heck, even GT Legends is fun, since it has all those 50s and 60s cars.

Last edited:
It is, as you say, conspicuously absent, because Porsche gives out the license to include their cars very sparingly.
Developers like Polyphony Digital and others include therefore the RUF ones.

Clarkson:
"The Cayman, the Porsche you bought, because you didn't have the money for a 911."
"The Cayman, the Porsche Cockster."

If you e-mail Porsche about this, or e-mail EA about this, they will both blame the other party. But I honestly think EA is more to blame than Porsche. EA has been given the rights to Porsche HOWEVER, Porsche allows them to sell sub-license's to the brand. They jack the price up so god-damn high it would bankrupt most companies. Blame EA.

EA have exclusive rights to the Porsche brand.
Kunos got the license for RUF a while ago, which essentially build their cars from unmarked Porsche chassis's.

Whilst I doubt anyone would drive a Cayman more than a couple of times, let alone race it, your best bet would be a modder.

Any trackday I've ever been at there has been an over-saturation of modified Caymans. They are a very very popular trackday car.

Any trackday I've ever been at there has been an over-saturation of modified Caymans. They are a very very popular trackday car.

I think this is likely due to the fact that you can buy and modify a cayman for less than the cost of a 911. Given that this is a sim, and budget doesnt play a role, I personally couldnt see taking the cayman over a 911 turbo.

I think this is likely due to the fact that you can buy and modify a cayman for less than the cost of a 911. Given that this is a sim, and budget doesnt play a role, I personally couldnt see taking the cayman over a 911 turbo.

I actually work at a dealer, I've driven both the Cayman S and 911 Carrera S (991) around the track and by far I preferred the Cayman S. I hate to admit it but its much better balance wise in the corners. The Carrera is fast, but cornering is a headache some times with the amount of maintenance throttle you have to do to keep it in check, don't even get me started on the lift-off oversteer. I was a huge advocate of the RR setup on the 911 for a while, but being a long time sim-racer and a track newbie with only about 10 hours under my belt, I just wasn't used to the 911. My point being is that it kinda sucks when you have to fight the car, even if you are a very skilled driver! In the Cayman the noobs are fast and the pro's are even faster, its just a very easy and fast car to drive.

On the 911 Turbo, I haven't driven it on the track but I've driven it plenty on the road. The speed is mind boggling and the noise is a mixture of Satan and a fighter jet, but my personal preference will always be the NA GT3. The Turbo/Turbo S sounds fantastic, but you haven't lived until you've heard a GT3 RS take off down the highway! It turns your brain to butter. I'm very privileged that I got the opportunity to extensively drive a 2011 GT3 RS a few months ago and believe me it's everything you think it is!

EDIT: "My point being is that it kinda sucks when you have to fight the car, even if you are a very skilled driver!" I didnt mean to imply that I think I'm a skilled driver, I meant for other people! Our dealers race team used a GT3 RSR and did okay, but now they're racing an Audi R8 and have been finishing much higher in the grid.

Last edited:
I actually work at a dealer, I've driven both the Cayman S and 911 Carrera S (991) around the track and by far I preferred the Cayman S. I hate to admit it but its much better balance wise in the corners. The Carrera is fast, but cornering is a headache some times with the amount of maintenance throttle you have to do to keep it in check, don't even get me started on the lift-off oversteer. I was a huge advocate of the RR setup on the 911 for a while, but being a long time sim-racer and a track newbie with only about 10 hours under my belt, I just wasn't used to the 911. My point being is that it kinda sucks when you have to fight the car, even if you are a very skilled driver! In the Cayman the noobs are fast and the pro's are even faster, its just a very easy and fast car to drive.

On the 911 Turbo, I haven't driven it on the track but I've driven it plenty on the road. The speed is mind boggling and the noise is a mixture of Satan and a fighter jet, but my personal preference will always be the NA GT3. The Turbo/Turbo S sounds fantastic, but you haven't lived until you've heard a GT3 RS take off down the highway! It turns your brain to butter. I'm very privileged that I got the opportunity to extensively drive a 2011 GT3 RS a few months ago and believe me it's everything you think it is!

EDIT: "My point being is that it kinda sucks when you have to fight the car, even if you are a very skilled driver!" I didnt mean to imply that I think I'm a skilled driver, I meant for other people! Our dealers race team used a GT3 RSR and did okay, but now they're racing an Audi R8 and have been finishing much higher in the grid.

Excellent point. I have to admit, I have no idea what either one really drives like. But I have to say... from your description, I'd take the 911(any of them).:sneaky:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back