• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

How about an elo based RD Rating?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Rapala, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Rapala

Rapala
    Brent Mills Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    I'm leaving IRacing at the end of the month because I just much prefer the handling of other sims and plan to be doing a lot more RD club races. For better or worse IRating is a big part of my attraction to IRacing, where you either get rewarded or punished by your race result. I may be overly goal oriented but it was a nice way to know where I'm at and have the never ending goal of increasing your rating. (and not wanting to see it drop)

So got me thinking how about developing something similar for RD club races? I'm a software developer and would be happy to devote some time to a project like this if there was enough interest. I imagine there would be some sort of portal where race organisers could upload results via an excel csv file or just manual entry. Then a results screen showing past races with rating increase/decrease and perhaps your rating displayed in your forum profile. (hideable if you prefer)

What do you guys think?

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,543
    What a great offer! There is tons of interest in this and we are already working on something ourselves but it's fantastic to get more help on board.

Will drop you a PM

Thanks a lot!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +501
    Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the easily accesible club races?
    I think this would do more to 'scare' people off than posting laptimes would.

4. JoãoBessaM

JoãoBessaM
    Premium

Ratings:
    +23
    I think that this could potentially do more harm than good to club races and their light hearted spirit.
    Although I could see a use for this within RD if it is contained within league racing, I don't see a point for that since each league is pretty self cointained.

Some sort of safety rating (this both in club and league racing) may be an idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,686
    Well i can put your minds at rest what that special something being worked on, will not spoil anything to do with the club racing, if anything it should help in certain things. :)

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,214
    Many many years ago when I first joined RD there was a ranking system in place. I must say I really really liked it :)