How about an elo based RD Rating?

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
I'm leaving IRacing at the end of the month because I just much prefer the handling of other sims and plan to be doing a lot more RD club races. For better or worse IRating is a big part of my attraction to IRacing, where you either get rewarded or punished by your race result. I may be overly goal oriented but it was a nice way to know where I'm at and have the never ending goal of increasing your rating. (and not wanting to see it drop)

So got me thinking how about developing something similar for RD club races? I'm a software developer and would be happy to devote some time to a project like this if there was enough interest. I imagine there would be some sort of portal where race organisers could upload results via an excel csv file or just manual entry. Then a results screen showing past races with rating increase/decrease and perhaps your rating displayed in your forum profile. (hideable if you prefer)

What do you guys think?

I think that this could potentially do more harm than good to club races and their light hearted spirit.
Although I could see a use for this within RD if it is contained within league racing, I don't see a point for that since each league is pretty self cointained.

Some sort of safety rating (this both in club and league racing) may be an idea.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back