WIP Horsma Raceway

I can do the Race07 conversion, go Finnish trackbuilders! PM me for details, kerrankin voi puhua suomea...

For rF2, there are some steps that has to be made in early stages of the build (like those white lines can not be only in a texture anymore, we need to do them with track decals...) but what i have read, it's possible and in some cases will be just a conversion.

Race07 sounds great Kennet. I'll PM you when this is ready for rf1!

I'll try to get some videos and screenshots up this night. I'l update this thread then too :)

Hmm, few bugs managed to get into the beta. In the formula layout the start/finish line is not the correct place (I had some trouble with gmt and scn files so I accidentally packed some wrong files). Also on the formula layout part of the terrain is not drivable so if you spin off your car resets. I'll fix those and post an updated .zip or a small patch to fix those. (edit: patch available)

Anyways, just did few hotlaps and all I need to do now is to record those in fraps and upload to youtube.

Another busy night for me :D

First video uploading. Had some sound quality problems with fraps recordings. First video will be with the historix minis on the formula layout. I'll post the link when the video is uploaded and processed.

First video viewable:

'69 corvette on the Gt layout:

Lol! Almost forgot to post link to the GT layout video :D. Anyways, both are in the first post now :).

What do you guys think about the tracks? Do you like them? All kind of feedback good!

I am currently adding some objects and focusing on making the GT rev layout. Mostly just aiw work but need to add some objects too. And I can't help doing some small tweaks and edits here and there. Every time I watch a replay I notice some small things that can be done better if I spend couple minutes on it!

I am pushing hard for final release for the next weekend.

Almost done, jsut few problems to sort out. I'm getting some strange graphics problems with live replays (exit race to race monitor and the terrain is kind of missing when you watch the ai cars going around the track), GT rev has lost its start and pit lights and some objects appear even if they should not...

Hoping to get this out tomorrow but if I get this working I'll release it today as 0.9 beta version and if it is problem free then make it 1.0 :)

Edit: Having some strange replay graphics problems that slow the aiw work considerably. Still trying to get this done for saturday evening. At least the track is working correctly. Just need to finish the aiw and adjust the cameras for the GTrev a little. Not happy with them.

99.9% done! Just need to figure out why the ai does not start slowing down for the pits early enough. At the moment ais start braking when the pit limit starts...

Ok, just finished doing some last touches. Fuel usage was a bit tricky but I hope it is thereabouts. A bit too much instead of little too little :).

I'll pack the track and upload a 0.9 beta to some file sharing site. If there are no problems then the 0.9 beta will become 1.0. The only difference being the loading screens between 0.9beta and 1.0.

I just noticed few issues with the cameras. The GTrev cameras do not show the start grid because the trees on the T1 infield block the view :(. Also noticed I have done an error with the camera activations.I have been looking at how the cameras activate when you drive around the track using the racing line but once you go off from the racing line, use some other line through a corner or straight or just go off the track and use the run off areas a wrong camera activates in some cases.

So there will be at least new cameras for 1.0. Also noticed one extra object at wrong place and a terrain glitch so I need to rebuild the .mas files. Which means 0.9 beta does need some work still to be good enough 1.0 :(

Good to hear. :)

I have been adding some details and fixing some terrain problems that I missed last time. With some camera work and little aiw tweaks the next one will be 1.0. With good luck I can get it out today but tomorrow looks more likely.

Finally got the .mas files to pack correctly. My problem was that some objects appeared when they were not supposed to while others did not show up. Nut funny when half of the brake markers were missing or there were some objects in the middle of the road on a straightaway. Packing the gmts separately for each combo fixed that.

Unfortunately doing this almost increased the size of the download from 77mb to 115mb. That increase is just caused by the method of packing the files though. The fps and general performance should be very close to the 0.9 beta. Formula layout might run a bit smoother though.

I'll take a deep breath now and re-check everything before uploading it just to make sure it is finally good to go!

1.0 Released:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5cdae72hj7mi76f

I'll wait until tomorrow before making a thread on the new tracks section of this forum just to be sure. I tried to test everything I could think of but you can never be 100% sure...

Now I'll go change the heatsink on my gpu so if you dont hear me back by tomorrow I've messed up bad :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back