Horner: 'Webber and Vettel will not seek revenge'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner is adamant revenge is not an option in the wake of the recent team orders controversy in Malaysia.

Image: YallaF1

As far as Horner is concerned, the matter has been ‘dealt with’ and the book now closed on an incident last month which saw Sebastian Vettel deliberately ignore instruction not to pass team-mate Mark Webber. Webber was left fuming with the German, who later apologised, but given there is no love lost between the duo there can be no guarantees against future on-track animosity.

Horner, however, told The Independant that he insists there will be no payback.

‘Both of them know what the team’s views were of Malaysia. It is something that has been discussed, something that has been addressed,’ said Horner. ‘They know the real opponents sit outside of the team, not inside the team. There will be competition. I don’t expect them to be spending Christmas together or anything like that. But they are professionals who will work to ensure we keep moving forward. Sebastian brings the best out of Mark, and Mark brings the best out of Sebastian because they push each other hard."
View the Post on the Blog

Both of them know what the team’s views were of Malaysia. It is something that has been discussed, something that has been addressed,’ said Horner.

Translation: "Mark has been told once and for all that he is the No.2 driver and he will drive accordingly. Sebastien is delighted" . ;)

i dont envy Mark ,,for being in such a supportive team

it was S Vettel that let the Team down,,and now the Team lets Mark down .

i think i will watch more Moto GP this season,,the kickoff was awesome
and was more exciting than the F1 has been in a long while .

Horners assumptions are just as silly as assuming that UFOs will attack the RD staff and stick probes in them....

This is not going to be a easy and forget sort of deal.

He was quite right, but although this is a team sport, competition is bound to happen, and I love that fact in F1. This is not basketball when the team wins everybody is a winner, its a race. But what I do believe that RBR wants us to get from this is they wanted to avoid accidents or mishapps that would affect the entire team. Just like the 2010 Turkish GP which I read here: http://www.f1deals.com/news-and-events/vettel-team-orders.html#more-2772 . It would have been deja vu had the race ended with a crash from the two. But everyone loves a race to the finish that makes your blood boil.

Horner must be happy

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...war-with-mark-webber-at-red-bull-8568439.html

Vettel also added that he would "probably" do the same thing again when asked if he would repeat his actions from the Malaysian Grand Prix.
"I'm not sure I can give a proper answer because in the moment it might be different but I would probably do the same," he said.

Lol. I have to admit I like a racer who follows his instincts, but then again he's part of team RBR. At the back of my mind it says that he messed up a little. What do you think about what happened at the Malaysian GP?. Man I cant wait for the next race.!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back