PC2 Honda NSX GT3 Confirmed for Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Aucura NSX GT3.jpg

In a recent image posted by Slightly Mad Studios we now know the brand new Acura NSX GT3 will form part of the car roster in Project CARS 2.

We already know quite a few of the 170+ cars due to be added to Project CARS 2, and with the previously revealed inclusion of the road going version of the Acura NSX it was probably to be expected that we would have a GT3 variant of the car. It has now been officially confirmed in a post on FaceBook from Slightly Mad Studios that the new for 2017 Acura NSX will form part of the car list for the new game, a first inclusion for a sim racing title.

The 2017 specification Honda / Acura NSX is an impressive piece of racing technology that has already turned many heads in the racing world since making it's race debut at the recent Daytona 24 Hour event held back in January. For 2017 the Michael Shank Racing operation have been tasked with spearheading the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, while RealTime Racing will continue to head the manufacturer’s attack in the SCCA Pirelli World Challenge.

"The NSX was designed as a pinnacle expression of Acura Precision Crafted Performance, and we’re looking forward to proving its ultimate performance capabilities in GT3 competition,”

By continuing our longtime partnership with RealTime Racing in the Pirelli World Challenge and extending our association with Michael Shank Racing in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, we plan to build on Acura’s long tradition of success in North American sports car racing.”
Said the rather impressively named Art St. Cyr, President of Honda Performance Development, at the official launch of the GT3 NSX back in 2016.

With the Acura NSX reveal it is looking like the new Project CARS game will continue the recent sim racing trend of including a wide variety of GT3 spec machines within their new game. Already we have seen glimpses of the Ford GT LM GTE, Corvette C7.R, McLaren 650s, Mercedes AMG GT3, Nissan GTR and the Lamborghini Huracan. This is before we even have an official car list reveal...

We will be keeping an up to date list of the revealed content for Project CARS 2 HERE. Check it out and leave a comment if you have any information or images not already covered.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Are you happy to see the new NSX GT3 in Project CARS 2? Which of the "new" generation GT3 machines do you want to see in PC2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Love this car, if just the road car wouldn't be so expensive :(.
I wonder if the GT3 version also uses a hybrid engine? Now this would mix up the GT3 class even more :)
I very much like how the GT3 field is forming up in this title, all the new models in :) now we just need confirmation for the 911 GT3 R and the M6 GT3 :)

I wonder if the GT3 version also uses a hybrid engine? Now this would mix up the GT3 class even more :)

I'm afraid not. The GT3 regulations don't allow hybrid power units.

The engine of the 2017 Acura NSX GT3 is a 3.5 L, 75 degree, twin turbocharged DOHC V6 block using the same design specifications as the engine in the production 2017 Acura NSX (but with no electrical boost in sight).

Kind of glad in a way, the cost of GT3 is creeping up as it is, I don't really want mega-expensive hybrid tech making it even higher.

Awesome looking race car though, shame I won't see it in Europe just yet but I understand why they want to concentrate on IMSA and get the car sorted first.

GT3 is where unique cars go to become like everything else, 4wd cars become rwd, cars with active suspension get conventional springs and dampers... there's a whole laundry list of that.

Not to mention a 670 horse power road car, that has 500 in it's racing version.

Blimey

@Simberia
GT3 is where unique cars go to become like everything else, 4wd cars become rwd, cars with active suspension get conventional springs and dampers... there's a whole laundry list of that.

670 would make it a GT1, pretty sure GT3s only go up to 600 and Nissan is the only one with 600 I think, since its downforce is horrible.

AFAIK in GT500 people have been joking about NSX "running GT400 class" due to its underwhelming performance, even after rules changed and its hybrid power unit was allowed. Looking at the 24H Daytona, this car might come out with better racing results competing in the GT3 class.

But then the race version is lighter than its road going equivalent and that increases it's power to weight ratio. It will also be better under braking thus making the power reduction of the car a moot point if you were to put both versions of the cars on racetrack
There are still street cars out there that would kill their GT3 pendants hands down if using the same tyres...
On the Circuit de la Sarthe of course ;)

Last edited:

Gonna have to disagree with you slightly there my friend :) I love GT3 because it's so diverse. You've got turbos, V6's, V8's, V10, and V12's. You've got front engined, mid engined, rear engined. You've got different tyre manufacturers. You've got cars that shriek and cars that rumble. It's still one of my favourite forms of racing at the moment. Yes the BoP is debatable but I don't really care as it generates great racing :)

Top speed wise yes some of the their road going versions would beat their GT3 versions but round the corners and under braking they wouldn't stand a chance. This has always been the case. Back when GT1 was around the MC12 was a good 60-70bhp more powerful than it's competition version because of the lack of competition restrictors and due to the less aggressive aero it was faster in a straight line.

Last edited:
Gonna have to disagree with you slightly there my friend :) I love GT3 because it's so diverse. You've got turbos, V6's, V8's, V10, and V12's. You've got front engined, mid engined, rear engined. You've got different tyre manufacturers. You've got cars that shriek and cars that rumble. It's still one of my favourite forms of racing at the moment. Yes the BoP is debatable but I don't really care as it generates great racing :)
I also like the diversity of the cars, how one car is faster in a straight line, next car accelerates better, next car corners better...
However now imagine they would allow hybrid (only if production car has hybrid) and 4WD (only if production car has it). Would be even more exciting and diverse :)

TheReaper GT

Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D
AFAIK in GT500 people have been joking about NSX "running GT400 class" due to its underwhelming performance, even after rules changed and its hybrid power unit was allowed. Looking at the 24H Daytona, this car might come out with better racing results competing in the GT3 class.
Let's just be clear here, there's absolutely nothing in common between the GT500 and GT3 cars apart from who pays the program bills...

There are still street cars out there that would kill their GT3 pendants hands down if using the same tyres...
On the Circuit de la Sarthe of course ;)

In most cases (GT cars) the road car is 'faster' than the race car. Usually always have more power and whatnot. But the race cars will almost always be faster around a race track, even if the road car was using the same tires, because of the race oriented suspension, brakes, downforce, gearbox, weight.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000