Homemade Sequential Shifter

I have the Pro Sim shifter. You've done a remarkable job of duplicating the mechanism. Looks great. I would be interested to know how loud it is compared to the Pro Sim.
Sorry it took so long to reply.Mechanical structure can not avoid noise.Through video contrast, the noise is smaller than the original, because of small size, small spring, noise, there are two places, one is the rotation of gear sound, and the other is to move the fork back to the sound.

Upvote 0
Various forms of anti vibration and sound deadening materials that may be worth testing.
It could be placed internally, easy to cut and stick on. No clue etc necessary.

Upvote 0
Various forms of anti vibration and sound deadening materials that may be worth testing.
It could be placed internally, easy to cut and stick on. No clue etc necessary.

I was onto similar thinking. This shifter produces a very sharp sound so I wanted to take the edge off. I placed some packing foam sheet at bottom of the shifter which is completely open. And wrapped the bars the shifter hits at the end of the movement with a section of cut plastic pipe. Now the shifter noise is a nice chunk and no longer a spear through my brain.

Upvote 0
@rocafella1978
So I get an "angry" for recommending sound deadening materials to a user building and sharing their own shifter?

Sorry to make you angry but kudos to the OP for being creative?

I don't promote companies just blatantly copying others products and selling for profit.
Wind your neck in fella, nobody is endorsing such is okay to do... :poop:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back