HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

RPS 10

Anyone who has never run a series, you have until Wednesday to say you'll do it, before we go to a previous moderator.
One more day to put yourselves forward. We have a tradition I don't really want broken, so please consider it massively if you have never run an RPS game.

One more day to put yourselves forward. We have a tradition I don't really want broken, so please consider it massively if you have never run an RPS game.
I would be interested but rFacotr simulation career sounds like a lot of hard work and I dont want the quality of that game to go down because I am taking on two games

Hi,
I would like some opinion on my R&D concept.

For a start, every team will have to contract a Chief Designer(C.D).
C.D will have:
-Skill level; 1 to 5
-A specialization; Giving them a bonus on certain aspect. (One(1) for Skill 4; Two(2) specializations for Skill 5)
-A potential level (Which can give surprise bonus; also dictate their chances of gaining skill)

(TL;TR) R&D.
During the season, teams will be able to use their money (financial aspect not finalize) to fund R&D, aka paying for the extra use of the track the teams are for the grand prix(some track will costs more than others). With a certain maximum so it doesn't get out of hands. Those seance will give R&D points the teams can use for:
-Upgrade for the current car
-Prepare a one use specialized package for a track
-Help suppliers own R&D (IF they have the appropriate contract)
-Working on next season's car.

Explained R&D(Next season's car)
Now, the present season upgrade are straight forward, more downforce for certain parts, less drag, less weight, etc.
For next season's car, the sooner you start the better the car can be... In theory. Here, a team that "design" its car early, might have a excellent car... On present standards that is.

Let me explain, if your car is devellop and finished early, its technologie might be outdated by next season. So for each races after the end of devellopment, the car will loose a certain "%" of effeciency (% are values use as an overall performance indicator for the design), probably making the design obsolete before it even start being used. Depending on the level of the C.D and his "perk" it might degrade more or less.

Also, you could give indication, a focus on what to give priority on the development. More downforces? Less drag? Lighter car? But, focused devellopment will remove attention on other aspects, again the C.D will play a role here.

What can you upgrade on the car?
Chassis
-Drag
-Pitch sensitivity (Not finalized [WIP])
Both wings
-Downforce
-Drag
Diffuser
-Downforce
-Stall (Loss of downforce when the car "under" hit the ground)
General
-Weight
-Brakes

So this might seems like alot, but for those who read it and understand it, ideas/feedbacks are welcome. If I can make it a bit more streamline/simple while keeping this as complete as possible, I will.

Last edited:
Hi,
I would like some opinion on my R&D concept.

For a start, every team will have to contract a Chief Designer(C.D).
C.D will have:
-Skill level; 1 to 5
-A specialization; Giving them a bonus on certain aspect. (One(1) for Skill 4; Two(2) specializations for Skill 5)
-A potential level (Which can give surprise bonus; also dictate their chances of gaining skill)

(TL;TR) R&D.
During the season, teams will be able to use their money (financial aspect not finalize) to fund R&D, aka paying for the extra use of the track the teams are for the grand prix(some track will costs more than others). With a certain maximum so it doesn't get out of hands. Those seance will give R&D points the teams can use for:
-Upgrade for the current car
-Prepare a one use specialized package for a track
-Help suppliers own R&D (IF they have the appropriate contract)
-Working on next season's car.

Explained R&D(Next season's car)
Now, the present season upgrade are straight forward, more downforce for certain parts, less drag, less weight, etc.
For next season's car, the sooner you start the better the car can be... In theory. Here, a team that "design" its car early, might have a excellent car... On present standards that is.

Let me explain, if your car is devellop and finished early, its technologie might be outdated by next season. So for each races after the end of devellopment, the car will loose a certain "%" of effeciency (% are values use as an overall performance indicator for the design), probably making the design obsolete before it even start being used. Depending on the level of the C.D and his "perk" it might degrade more or less.

Also, you could give indication, a focus on what to give priority on the development. More downforces? Less drag? Lighter car? But, focused devellopment will remove attention on other aspects, again the C.D will play a role here.

What can you upgrade on the car?
Chassis
-Drag
-Pitch sensitivity (Not finalized [WIP])
Both wings
-Downforce
-Drag
Diffuser
-Downforce
-Stall (Loss of downforce when the car "under" hit the ground)
General
-Weight
-Brakes

So this might seems like alot, but for those who read it and understand it, ideas/feedbacks are welcome. If I can make it a bit more streamline/simple while keeping this as complete as possible, I will.
Everything will be simulate on what ? for the purpose of your idea ?

I have actually a design game for a F1. For now, i dont think its will be able to simulate any kind of race with it, but only to saw some concept based on a F1 seasons rules.

I saw someone making for fun and sharing on F1technical forum, his own car from season 1989 to 1999 actually and may be we can try to do a competition here about design.

So, a can shar a template of dimension allowed for the lenght height... etc for each part and you can model a car from your mind and make a battle car vs car, like we did before with F1, Pokemon etc.

Here an exemple of what i think and what the guys maded.

fz3dvo.png

Do you think its can be a workable design game ?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 141 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.4%