HistorX Racing Club setups discussion and Info sharing.

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Gentlemen of HXRC, @Knut Omdal Tveito came up with the idea of this thread, so credit to him for this. Well done and thank you sir, you are a asset to the club. If I knew how, I'd move the start of the conversation over from where it began HERE post #22.
Please treat this thread as a resource. You can ask questions, share thoughts and provide information here.
Just one thing though gents. If you wanna give people info about what changes to setup do and why, please try to give some reference as to how you know this to be a fact. If you can't show that your point is backed up by some science, please make it clear that the point you are making is, in fact, opinion.
Hopefully, this will reduce the chances of people being led down the wrong path by a well meaning collegue. I hope that's fair?
OK, fire away then fellas.
@Allan Ramsbottom, @Stig Bidstrup @Yves Larose etc. etc. (sorry for any I missed - please feel free to tag people).

OK, I admit, I am guilty !!!!!!!!
In the past I also tried Motec.
I generated those beautiful, colorful lines and dials. I looked at them amazed, full of understanding and wisdom.
But I NEVER EVER changed anything in settings according to them :cry:
Please don't judge meeee :cry:
:cool:

OK, I admit, I am guilty !!!!!!!!
In the past I also tried Motec.
I generated those beautiful, colorful lines and dials. I looked at them amazed, full of understanding and wisdom.
But I NEVER EVER changed anything in settings according to them :cry:
Please don't judge meeee :cry:
:cool:
I never used Motec for setups either:thumbsup: And to be honest, if everyone had to use motec to make a decent setup then nobody would bother!

So my goal is not to make it more complicated and hopefully make it a little simpler. I'll try to introduce some simple rules, and to demonstrate different effects (videos and motec) so that you can identify whats wrong in a setup and what settings to adjust to improve it.

Set ups seems to be the topic at the moment,
@Denis Betty What if we for 1 week try and run the RD club server with FIXED set ups ??
only 2 things can be changed on the car when that is on: 1.Steering lock 2. Brake pressure that's it
Not even fuel load can be changed ,and you cant load a saved setup, could be fun trying ??
no one have to think about setups for a week :coffee: :)

Set ups seems to be the topic at the moment,
@Denis Betty What if we for 1 week try and run the RD club server with FIXED set ups ??
only 2 things can be changed on the car when that is on: 1.Steering lock 2. Brake pressure that's it
Not even fuel load can be changed ,and you cant load a saved setup, could be fun trying ??
no one have to think about setups for a week :coffee: :)
Hmmm, wadya think guys?
I think it'd work on something small. Saaaaay....... The SPRITES!
I tell you what, this would test my theory about sharing setups. I said, that if everybody knew how to go about making a setup - and what each change actually does (from a scientific point of view), that it'd help to level the playing field... however slightly.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here... and predict that with fixed setups, the quick guys are gonna be just as quick and the rest of us won't actually get noticably closer. I feel a fool already. :redface::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
I have given myself a challenge ?? Make a setup for TVR 400 that all level of drivers in the club can handle with ease at high speed :O_o:---or shall we say so it at least handles like an easy A4 car ( V8 ).
if I succeed with that, I expect to get in the Guinness Book of records:D.

Good luck Stig, we wait the setup. I hope it will make me faster then everyone on the Earth :geek: (OK, still not faster then you)
If accomplish that I'm sure you will be rewarded with "Nobel prize for setup" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Last edited:
Hi :)
Here is the 2 setups I used on the TVR 400 today ( Tuesday ) the all master set is what I consider that all should be able to drive with ( with a little concentration ) the Diff on the Qual set and the Race set is only the ride height and height on the springs, its difficult to drive with the qual set--but its 1 sec faster, the Race set will peak around lap 7( the one I used in the race ) both sets will start working around lap 3 ( tyre heat ) ,the trick on the Diablo track is to go a gear higher UPHILL--because the TVR pulls like a train--and that will be faster, ( notice that none of the sets are symmetrical) I use a G27, H shifter and 900 degree on both sets, and no assists.

Attachments

• TVR 400 Qual set 900 degree.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 252
  • TVR 400 All master Race set.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 241
Dunno what you mean mate. The article is about how a low cost sim like rF1 can be used to improve the setup on a real life race car. I don't think you and Steve did that?
I dunno what the the guys credentials are, but it actually seems quite scientific. He explains how you can isolate a situation and exclude variants like track temp, grip levels, etc. He lists the pros and cons - drivers improving over time, etc.
I didn't post it to help people with their setup, it's just an interesting read. I thought so anyway.

i did this with steve when he was driving with us..the thing is every1 drives slightly different..even on default some can have problems others not..diff wheels,peddles,shifters also come into the equation...dont want to be a stick in the mud..
Well shifters and your steering wheel wont be different because of this :cautious::whistling: could be fun trying especially in this week for example, where we all drive the same car, the conditions will be the same for all on the server :) just have to adapt and overcome, lap times will maybe be slower---and so what ??--its the same for ALL :thumbsup::coffee:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.