rF2 HistoriX 1310 Mini's @ Vallelunga - Sunday 30 november 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger!!!!!!
Guess it just isn't my week. Looked forward to this event for weeks and didn't get to start.
Got out of bed at 3AM, but it looks like I was an hour too early. Oh well more practice time, which was going well, doing 2.02.1 secs in the early practice.

Then Patrick advised that we had to qualy with race fuel, so I went full tank and wondered why I was so slow. Oh well, hopefully I'd be better in the race.

I obviously have to spend more time racing rFactor, because I was checking some stuff when the race started and missed it. Tried to start from pitlane, only to be disqualified. Race over before I even started.

Did I mention BUGGER!!!!

Oh well, hope everyone enjoyed the Mini's they were fun during practice.

Thats a shame Warren, I blew my engine on lap 1 changing from 3rd to second, it seemed to go straight into 1st and bang no engine, when you start from the pit lane you must wait for the light to turn green and it will only turn green once all of the other cars have gone through the first sector, some times it can seem to take an age but it will change eventually.

• Andrew Evans

gah... plodding around in 10th all on my wee ownsome... couldn't make ground on the guy ahead... guy behind not catching... i started to nod a little bit (heavy night last night :D)... woke up to find myself flying across the scenery at t1... hugely dead mini... cheers pat!

Bugger!!!!!!
Guess it just isn't my week. Looked forward to this event for weeks and didn't get to start.
Got out of bed at 3AM, but it looks like I was an hour too early. Oh well more practice time, which was going well, doing 2.02.1 secs in the early practice.

Then Patrick advised that we had to qualy with race fuel, so I went full tank and wondered why I was so slow. Oh well, hopefully I'd be better in the race.

I obviously have to spend more time racing rFactor, because I was checking some stuff when the race started and missed it. Tried to start from pitlane, only to be disqualified. Race over before I even started.

Did I mention BUGGER!!!!

Oh well, hope everyone enjoyed the Mini's they were fun during practice.
That's bad Warren :( this one was for you remember :) Oh well we will do more races with this mod so you will get revenge :)
I had another pc freez in game after 14 laps :( Bah ! I had some great laps with Ben and when i lost him for a second i was up again and some great fights there :) Nice racing there Ben :worship:
Then again my pc crashed ,or i think my memory but thats for later :)
I hope it was fun for the rest and grats to whoom may win :laugh2:

Recieved a lovely setup from Patrick that got pole,but a terrible start that was all wheelspin and dropped to 2nd,lucky to hold that really,good chasing with Steve and Sam M chasing me,a slight off was annoying dropping off the battle,but soon got recovered and got on the back of the first and second fight,Steve was early to pit and Sam and me stayed out a while,tyre wear was a big problem late on so i pitted along with Sam,this stop felt like it took forever changing all 4 tyres and another 50L of fuel,i hoped i could make it to the end with that,but no chance.
Had a quiet secong stint but went off stupidly all alone losing about 8 secs,i pushed on until lap 34 and pitted for a splash and dash and came out comfortably still in first by 12secs or something,as the tyres degraded Marc could close in,constant little mistakes helped him as well,on the final lap another slow and wide moment let Marc through for an easy pass,i thought i was going off the track there yet again,good job for the win Marc and well done everyone for some quality close hard racing.

Cheers Pat-Andrew + RD :good:

Did have a nice time,ended 7 because there ware 7 out, on 2 laps from the winner did a pers. best in the race 2.7xxx,strange good not under 2.9xxx in Quali.learn to take some corners 1 gear higher , of course I make some mistakes but had some nice fights in the beginning of the race.

Sorry to here Warren was out,because this was fore you:nailbiting:

btw very nice race track, first race on this.

Hans

Thanks to Warren for a nice setup. I had about the same lap times in mine, but Warren's was much easier to drive. Most excellent... :)

Guess I'm going to need to learn how to do pit stops in rFactor. Made it 38 laps on 1 stop, so only needed a few liters and no tires to make it to the end, but wasn't sure how to do it on the fly. As it was, I ended up pretty much doing a full pit stop which cost me a lot of time. Qualified 5th with a 2:02 and ended up 4th in the race.

It was great fun --- thanks!

i started to nod a little bit (heavy night last night :D)... woke up to find myself flying across the scenery at t1... hugely dead mini...

:laugh2: Nice

Found myself lounging around in 4th and 5th. Overcooking the tyres all the time - had a look at 3rd place, a lap ahead of me, when I was 5th (Mr Emmons - it was fun while it lasted - sorry if I made you over cook it into turn 4 was it? :laugh2:)

Otherwise, really good fun and thanks Pat for organising! Perhaps another mini race in the future? :wink2:

Yeah.. a night to remember - still a big grin on my face, this my first race I won in online racing :)
Thank you Patrick for the setup too, it made me qualify 3rd and win.

Lost one position during start and some more in t3 where I got kicked out to the gravel from Paul who missed his breakpoint. Rejoined in p9 behind Toni, Paul and Ben. Managed to make it to p7 in the next round and closed the gap to Steve E., Patrick and Ben in Lap 4, then made my only bigger mistake that cost me 3 or 4 secs.
Took me 6 laps to close thap gap. Profited from smaller and bigger mistakes of Steve E., Patrick and Ben and found myself in p4.
Long time no traffic than and I managed to keep concentration. Still 13 secs behind Gary Lennon I felt quite comfortable and just wanted to bring plaace on the podium home. Didn't know where Steve Parker was, cos he took a completely different pit strategy.
Around lap 30 or so I decided not to change tyres cos I thought that this would be the only chance to get p1. Gary and me then both pitted splash and dash and so I thought that's it. But it seemed that I saved my tyres more than you Gary and I was very excited seeing me getting closer and closer. So I concentrated to brake early enough and do clean turns and that worked out in the very last lap.

Sorry for you mate but veerryy amazing feeling ... 8)

Again some very nice and clean driving out there .. thanx to all participants.

engine blewup. race was going fine, seems like my pitcrew does awesome job comparing
to rest.
good racing with couple dudes there against. lots of fun. some chatting involved too ;P
also, nice drving Marc on those starting laps having lil patience with us. after u got
by, tried to keep up, but grass came more familiar than ur lines :)

respects to all, nice racing.

also more historix pls, just no front wheelers.

Lost one position during start and some more in t3 where I got kicked out to the gravel from Paul who missed his breakpoint. Rejoined in p9 behind Toni, Paul and Ben.

Yeap sorry about that - it all got a little crowded in there! I guess my little tap gave you the drive to go on and win the race! At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it :wink2:

Apologies again..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back