1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

High Speed Steering Linearity Issue

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by agomes2448, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Hey guys I'm having a problem with my wheel and in game wheel being linear at high speeds. I've had the game for a while and recently decided to use my steam key to get the game on steam. Once I downloaded it and played it for the first time I noticed that when the car reached higher speeds the steering wheel started to not match my steering wheel; meaning I would have to turn my G27 more just to make the in game wheel turn a few degrees. Once I stop the car though the linearity is back to 1 to 1. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there a setting I've missed? Currently using no assists, wheel range set to 900 with custom rotation off.

2. Turn speed sensitivity to 0

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene
    Premium Member

I don't know.... but why not turn off the ingame steering wheel at all.. .you don't want to see 2 wheels, do you??

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Some people just like it.

i do the Steering wheel ON when i drive cars/karts who have LCD Motec's installed.

So you don't miss any information

;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I keep the in-game wheel on:

1) My real wheel is not in the normal line of sight, I don't really see two.
    2) My real wheel is not visually authentic to the cars I'm driving - vintage, open-wheel, etc.
    3) My hands/clothing not authentic to the cars I'm driving - I'm not about to put on racing gloves and driving suit to drive a virtual car - my wife would get a chuckle out of it though!

I like the virtual wheel and hands/arms w/gloves/suit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. As a rule I generally only use the virtual wheel when it contains the driver display for gears and laps and position and such.