hi, new to this and have downloaded a miami track for rfactor2 and dropped it in the locations folder having unzipped it and it's not working. Any clu

hi, new to this and have downloaded a miami track for rfactor2 and dropped it in the locations folder having unzipped it and it's not working. Any clues? Also i couldn't do it myself but the way they usually go in is with an rfcmp file?? what's going on with the oldskool folders?

it should go into the PACKAGES folder, and then when you next launch rF2, you will need to choose the content tab, go to the packages screen, scroll down til you find it's listing, it should have a red X on the same line. Click on the name, then click on the install button off to the right. This process will be used for any file ending with .rfcmp . Car skins can be a completely different matter.

Hi as someone else said, if you download the rfcmp file it needs to go into the packages folder then install it via rF2.

An easier way is to go to the rF2 Steam Workshop, where you can just click on 'Subscribe' and it will be automatically installed into your game the next time you boot.

FYI some good tracks on Steam are:

Willow Springs:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224841303

Road America:

Portimao (or Algarve Motorsports park):

Watkins Glen:

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park:

And, yeah, anything by this guy:

[Edit]
There are decent tracks for Bathurst and Legua Seca which are on a different site, which it looks like Race Departments doesn't like to show.
[/Edit]

That should keep you busy for a little while :)

Last edited:
Wow ! Thanks for all your help gentlemen !
it didn't seem to be an rfcmp file but ill try it again.
And yeah i heard it wasn't a great track but i like to do a few laps of each circuit before the race comes around just to get a feel of it and know where i am on the track when it jumps to in car.
Once again thanks for your replies, what a helpful bunch you are ! Thanks

it should go into the PACKAGES folder, and then when you next launch rF2, you will need to choose the content tab, go to the packages screen, scroll down til you find it's listing, it should have a red X on the same line. Click on the name, then click on the install button off to the right. This process will be used for any file ending with .rfcmp . Car skins can be a completely different matter.
the miami track i downloaded is just a folder called miami 2022 and it looks a bit like the old way of installing in rf1 dropping it into locations folder but didn;t work there or in packages? i know it's meant to be rubbish but was just going to have a look before the race later, any ideas gratefully recieved, don't know whay it isn't an rfcmp file as usual>

the miami track i downloaded is just a folder called miami 2022 and it looks a bit like the old way of installing in rf1 dropping it into locations folder but didn;t work there or in packages? i know it's meant to be rubbish but was just going to have a look before the race later, any ideas gratefully recieved, don't know whay it isn't an rfcmp file as usual>
I'm not sure where your track came from, but there IS a version of Miami in the Steam rF2 workshop. If you load Steam and select rF2, then click on the workshop, you can search for Miami and a version of the track will appear. Subscribe to that, wait for it to download and off you go!

You do not have to start rF2 or Steam !

Just open mod manager, right click on content to install, click "install "

You also don't have to put content in Packages , you can make as many "packages" folders as you like and put them anywhere

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes