Heusinkveld ultimate

Hi has anyone got any tips on how to get a more softer brake pedal with the Heusinkveld ultimate pedals, im running it with all the white rubbers at the min thanks

• Deleted member 197115

Maybe try this kind of spring
What does it do exactly, and 40.50 Euro for a little spring. Wow, I am in a wrong business.
The description is laughable, sorry, and why "stainless steel" is brown (stained already?)
Increase the precision, control and comfort in braking, for the first time, do not think about the brake, only use it with precision and without thinking. Tested, approved and used by PRO pilots and real life pilots. It provides a definitive braking sensation.

The spring is tailor-made and is made of stainless steel.

Upvote 0
What does it do exactly, and 40.50 Euro for a little spring. Wow, I am in a wrong business.
The description is laughable, sorry, and why "stainless steel" is brown (stained already?)

I have never seen this spring so I can't make any comments about how well it works.

That said if this spring is custom wound for this purpose and required any sort of one time engineering costs and testing to get it right, and given the low volumes involved you can't expect a margin like you get on something that is mass produced. This is a niche product for niche application.

Now if they found an off the shelf spring and are simply rebadging it than I agree with you.

Upvote 0
I was reading the Ultimates are more like a Pro GT3 pedal very stiff but very good for a professional driver to train with apparently from reading never tried a set,
But before I purchased mine read about the Sprints and Ultimate pedals,
I stayed with the Sprints looked way more suited on the fly adjustments from 30 to 100lbs out of the box is perfect for the average user,

but that spring is insane expensive I doubt they designed it more likely bought and tested 20/30 springs then bought 2000 for pennies and now wanting pounds for them be nice with some info on how they developed it..

Anyways I hope you sort the pedal out.

Upvote 0
Hi yes that spring is very expensive but there is not a lot of options out there for adjustment On a more softer pedal, I think I’m going to carry on using them for a few weeks to see if I can get the feeling I want then if not il take the plunge and buy the spring.

Upvote 0
There are different ways to go about adjusting the effective force you feel.

This is a lever arm. So if you have the pedal face in the short position with the ball of your foot closer to the hinge, it will require more pressure to move and have a smaller arc. That may mean adjusting the mount point of the pedal depending on the size of your feet.

The corollary is also true if you put the pedal face in the high position and adjust the distance between the foot plate and pedal mount so the ball of your foot is near the top, you will get more mechanical advantage making it easier to push and increasing travel.

Upvote 0
I'm running about 55kg right now with the Sprints and have the ball of my foot nearly perfectly centered on the brake pedal face. My foot plate has about half an inch of vertical travel and my pedals have a very large amount of vertical travel. The entire pedal section slides quite a bit fore/aft.

The first thing I did was get my seat angle, leg length, knee bend geometry right with my foot plate. Once dialed in, I won't change that. Then I adjusted the pedal heights.

The pedal faces are in the tall position giving me more mechanical advantage which I found it easier to dial in since I can easily remove brake travel. I had to drop the throttle pedal more and angle it further. I have the clutch pedal angled one more hole as well.

sideview.jpg

NewSupport_4789.jpg

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Hi yes that spring is very expensive but there is not a lot of options out there for adjustment.
You can get rubber buffer springs which are roughly 10 shore softer, which fit perfectly and cost like 3 Euros.
All credit to the OP finding them at a German supplier:
I'm also gonna order some, when back at my rig to measure the rubber diameter.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea