Help with Tuning cars

Hi. i next to no knowledge of tuning cars! Spring rate? dampers? uhh??

In terms of car tuning/setup. what are the key things i should do if i want to do the below:

1. reduce or increase oversteer
2. reduce or increase understeer
3. Accelerate quicker
4. Have a faster top speed
5. Reduce wheelspin when breaking(i think someone said to reduce break pressure)

Hi. i next to no knowledge of tuning cars! Spring rate? dampers? uhh??

In terms of car tuning/setup. what are the key things i should do if i want to do the below:

1. reduce or increase oversteer
2. reduce or increase understeer
= Do any of the following (Or a combination of them till it's fixed, but start one at a time) To reduce the oversteer: decrease rear springs or increase front springs. Decrease rear roll bar (anti roll bar / sway bar) or Increase front. And do the opposite to fix understeer / increase oversteer. You can take this into the dampers and wings / splitter also, but dampers you can go into more detail, I'd start at the roll bar first.
3. Accelerate quicker
Would usually be something to do with the differential or general balance of car etc, play with the settings but would need more feedback to give a better answer.
4. Have a faster top speed
Most basic option would be to decrese wing.
5. Reduce wheelspin when breaking(i think someone said to reduce break pressure)
Reduce lock up when braking would be about changing your brake bias & brake pressure to your personal needs. If you locking up the fronts to much, put the brake bias more towards the rear (You can do this live on the track)

Answered some stuff in your quote.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back